Test match England V India

ramafan

The lack of DRS has certainly worked in India's favour this match - they are 4-1 up in absolutely dreadful decisions, which as far as they are concerned, fully justifies their refusal to allow its use.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True eddie, but then again Bell going for a duck in the first innings could've swung the game massively and he was about as plumb as they come. Obviously hard to quantify the impact each individual decision has on the match as a whole but yea, they've had the best of it in terms of pure numbers.

Been mulling this over , and I believe they should have enforced the follow on , because our bowlers were relatively fresh having had a good nights rest , and not having bowled all day, just an hour.

Think India will stonewall a draw now, hope I am wrong.

True eddie, but then again Bell going for a duck in the first innings could've swung the game massively and he was about as plumb as they come. Obviously hard to quantify the impact each individual decision has on the match as a whole but yea, they've had the best of it in terms of pure numbers.

That's why I said 4-1.

Ballance has been sawn off during both innings, just as he started to smash it about.

Yea I was generally agreeing, just pointing out Bell going for 0 could've impacted the game a lot more than Ballance being given not out either time or Rahane being given out. Of course we'll now never know.

Yea I was generally agreeing, just pointing out Bell going for 0 could've impacted the game a lot more than Ballance being given not out either time or Rahane being given out. Of course we'll now never know.

Could have - but who's to say that Balance wouldn't have made a triple hundred? As you say, we'll never know.

They (Root especially) smashed the ball around after lunch, and England have declared leaving India 444 to win in four sessions (tonight's one is a long one because tea is being taken early).

Been mulling this over , and I believe they should have enforced the follow on , because our bowlers were relatively fresh having had a good nights rest , and not having bowled all day, just an hour.

Think India will stonewall a draw now, hope I am wrong.

I agree. My inclination would be to make the opposition follow on unless there's a very good reason not to. It rubs it in how much pressure they are under.

Ah fair point, we are going. Six wickets should give us a bit of slurp and curry time. :)

You should have a good time.

Do you know if the Indian team are in the Holiday Express behind the ground .

I've stopped in there it's a nice place to stay and has a good bar.

England up to now have dominated this Test but IMO it doesn't mean that much .

That sounds a bit silly because you can only beat what's in front of you.

But India have really let themselves down batting wise.

Interesting days cricket today.

Come on England let's win one for a change.

PS England have played better and it's about time.

No assumptions from me here. There's still the small matter of 6 wickets to take - and the tail has been England's problem for the last year.

Archived