In english and bored once again, and i have a question for you all.

South Ram

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In English?

Forsooth, young student. Get thy head down and embroil thyself within the works of the Great Bard instead of philosophising on the outcome of a pastime more suited to vagabonds and rogues than English gentlemen. Thine sport should be Royal Tennis, not Futeballe

Have I wandered into rehearsals for the forum production of 'As You Like It' or something?

Could be. We do three here - and each rehearsal is held behind an appropriately-named door.

The signs read "3 inches", "6 inches" and "9 inches".

The plays are "Much Ado About Nothing", "As You Like It" and "The Taming Of The Shrew". We are planning on performing "King Lear" next year if Keiran Lee is available.

Sorry, that should read "King Leer".

It was only once I left school that I realised how much I enjoyed English. Studying To Kill a Mocking Bird was fantastic though.

I remember doing that, and "roll of thunder hear my cry" great books, teach morality and the dangers of prejudice which have been stripped from the curriculum by Gove. Gove also spouts about teaching Britishness - one can only assume being British is not to be tolerant then.

English is the worst ******* subject, I dont want to reading ******* "Catcher in the rye"

**** book

Holden Caulfield is such a prat I wish he was real so I could punch him. Mardy spoiled *****. 

Good book though. 

What kind of ***** hires a prostitute just to talk to her?

And **** the ******* ducks

I get that he's alone and he wants someone to talk to but considering that he constantly judges everyone he comes into contact with. And he paid for the prostitute just to talk to her but that just means he's got more money than sense. Even his little sister thinks he's an insufferable prat.

There's a part of Holden in every teenage boy and young man though, and that annoys me because I'm 19... 

Archived