What rule would you change or add/remove?

Mafiabob

Give out yellow cards for simulation.

I'm talking about those knobs who feign injury, and then magically get up and run around fine after wasting two minutes.

The worst is when someone fakes an injury, lies on the floor then jumps to his feet the moment the yellow card has been handed out.

I'm not sure yellow cards are the answer, how about this....

Give the fourth official a baseball bat or similar blunt instrument.

When a player goes down simulating an injury, the fourth official takes up the bat and inflicts an injury commensurate with the one being feigned.

i can't claim any credit for this idea, when I cried as a small child my mother would say, "shut up you little 8&^% or I'll give you something to cry about".

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All commentators have to call whether it was a penalty/offside/sending off, etc before they get to see a replay.

And then some still can't get it right.

Or, seeing as how football is the world's most popular sport, we might consider the possibility that it's doing alright as it is and leave the laws of the game alone.

True, but they do change the rules all the damn time anyhow.

You'll all shoot me down, but the NFL have something right in the fact they have a competition committee which all the team owners sit on who debate changes to the game for the good of competition and entertainment. Those that get passed, get trialled in pre-season to see if they're any good.

I'm not sure yellow cards are the answer, how about this....

Give the fourth official a baseball bat or similar blunt instrument.

When a player goes down simulating an injury, the fourth official takes up the bat and inflicts an injury commensurate with the one being feigned.

i can't claim any credit for this idea, when I cried as a small child my mother would say, "shut up you little 8&^% or I'll give you something to cry about".

ahhh bless

- Add indirect freekicks for soft penalties

- Stop timer when the ball is dead, Add on times are certainly being misued (Fergie time?)

- Have 5 mins break at either side of the half to quicken the pace of the game and recharge tired minds

- Allow referrees to look at replay's for penalty shouts, Doesnt matter if game is stopped due to that, atleast it will catch the culprits of simulation and you get the penalty decisions correct each time

- Allow after match replays so shirt pulling, off the ball incidents not seen by referres etc can be tracked and warned to the clubs

Archived