Eros Medaglia two week trial

vivavelez

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one can speculate to whether he will be back up or not, we have no idea of his qualities.

if he comes in and is head and shoulders above everyone - he will be first choice.

if not - he will be in the development squad or back to Velez.

I like trials, i think they can work well. Anyone remember Kisnorbo's trial years ago? he was outstanding and for some reason we didn't sign him. he went on to join Leeds and won League One's POTY (i believe) and helped them win promotion.

he later got injured and was never seen again, mind.

No point having our new recruitment setup if we're not going to see it bear fruit. Although the lad's an unknown, it's exciting to see the scouting network expanded in this way. Of course we hope it pays off in this instance and he proves a star.

As has been said, there's surely got to be a European grandparent there in his background or it would be a nonstarter. If we follow through with it I'm sure all will be revealed.

From his stats I notice he was involved in a few of Velez's Copa Libertadores matches, including an appearance as a substitute fairly recently - from this you would assume there must be something good in order for him to be in and around the fringes of their squad.

I noted that in March he was part of their squad for the match against The Stongest at Stadia Hernando Siles in La Paz. This useless fact has no real relevance, but considered it of interest given the fact it is the stadium in which that infamous youtube 'ghost fan' clip was filmed.   

Does he play in the first team for Velez?

They came third In the Argentinian Premier League

Cant pretend to be an expert (or anything close) on the South American football scene, but he has made a few appearances for Velez, including a league start against Quilmes back in Nov '13. Most of his other appearances/squad involvement seem to have come in the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League-esque comp??).

PistoldPete2

Don't be daft. Apes aren't a race.....

Yes they are. We are the human race. They are the ... er something else race.

Yes they are. We are the human race. They are the ... er something else race.

Simian - of which humans are a subset - and of which, I am a subset of that (Homo Belgaefermentus)

Archived