Travellers (Gypsies) in the Ipro car park

kingsy1884

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago I worked at the ironworks in Ilkeston. A load of caravans turned up and refused to move until one of the yard lads drove a huge Bobcat forklift (like a tank with forks) up one of the caravans and threatened to pick it up and drop it it on it's roof.

Funnily enough they moved, unfortunately to park on the local golf course where they made a right messs, had their kids play in the sand bunkers and still managed to nick a load of magnesium blocks from the foundry

They are a minority who should be accorded due respect .

Just because they don't fit into the mainstream doesn't mean that they should be regarded as second class citizens.

The thieving, shitting everywhere and eating hedgehogs doesn't help though.

A few years ago I worked at the ironworks in Ilkeston. A load of caravans turned up and refused to move until one of the yard lads drove a huge Bobcat forklift (like a tank with forks) up one of the caravans and threatened to pick it up and drop it it on it's roof.

Funnily enough they moved, unfortunately to park on the local golf course where they made a right messs, had their kids play in the sand bunkers and still managed to nick a load of magnesium blocks from the foundry

nice to know that they aren't all thieving scum.

Oh wait?....

They are a minority who should be accorded due respect .

Just because they don't fit into the mainstream doesn't mean that they should be regarded as second class citizens.

The thieving, shitting everywhere and eating hedgehogs doesn't help though.

Do the little tinkers eat hedgehogs? Never knew that, they're my favourite mammals

Archived