Spain v Chile

AshfieldRam

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bye bye Brazil.

Brazil have not been at their best, that's for sure. They failed to beat Mexico (well played Ochoa) and were lucky against Croatia. They'll go through, surely, but they'll have a tough time getting past either of them.

Brazil QF at best, for be it is between Germany and Argentina, Chile and Italy outsiders.

Can't see past Germany at the moment. Not only did they batter Portugal but they made it look incredibly easy, and that was before Portugal went down to ten men.

Can't see past Germany at the moment. Not only did they batter Portugal but they made it look incredibly easy, and that was before Portugal went down to ten men.

Yeah Germany favs for me, Argentina also have a chance impressed with them second half, but I had them like that after the group stages in 2010 and Euro 2012 and I didn't happpen, third time lucky I guess?

Brazil QF at best, for be it is between Germany and Argentina, Chile and Italy outsiders.

Germany would be my pick. Beyond that though the Dutch are a serious consideration, while Chile would have to be a shout. Anything could happen with Brazil they could be simply coasting through the group stages, if they click into gear anything could happen. Belgium also could be threatening.

I just don't see it for Argentina to be honest though.

Yeah Germany favs for me, Argentina also have a chance impressed with them second half, but I had them like that after the group stages in 2010 and Euro 2012 and I didn't happpen, third time lucky I guess?

Argentina were in Euro 2012? Boy, was I not paying attention.....! :D

I'm here.

Definitely end of an era. The simple problem with Spain is they're too slow, they're easy to play against and they have no ball-carriers.

Andres Iniesta is past him prime (still a great player), Xavi no longer the same, Xabi Alonso and Busquets in midfield is practically the same player, David Silva wasted out wide etc..

Too many simple problems, no pace or ball-carriers. Leaving Jesus Navas out was a huge mistake, and David Villa (another ball carrier) has never been replaced.

Spain simpy have nobody that frightens you and you know they have nobody that will run at the defenders to make something happen. Laboured passing, no spark at all... 

Archived