Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

First two Burnley signings - Sordell and Kightly. 

You'd have to be honest and say they have absolutely no ambition of staying up. I could be wrong, but that's two incredible signings for a Premier League team - not good incredible either. 

If Suarez gets to play for Liverpool against them, he is likely to find them not only incredible but inedible too.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesnt mean there is no clause there, Suarez had one which Liverpool admited to uet still rejected all bids for him.

This could be Derby doing the same

Indeed, the rumours are that's most likely.  But nicko specifically stated it wasn't that type of clause.

You'd have to be honest and say they have absolutely no ambition of staying up. I could be wrong, but that's two incredible signings for a Premier League team - not good incredible either. 

I reckon Kightly could be semi-useful in the Premier League, but Sordell? Didn't he struggle at Bolton due to homesickness (in addition to being generally cack)? He'll be gutted when he realises where Burnley is - maybe he thought he was moving to Bromley.

Indeed, the rumours are that's most likely. But nicko specifically stated it wasn't that type of clause.

I think you've misunderstood him.

The Suarez clause was a buy-out clause, in the sense that the bid has to be accepted, the same as Nixon is saying Bryson's is. Liverpool ignored the clause rejected Arsenal's bid, on the basis that "contracts don't seem to mean much in world football anyway".

I reckon Kightly could be semi-useful in the Premier League, but Sordell? Didn't he struggle at Bolton due to homesickness (in addition to being generally cack)? He'll be gutted when he realises where Burnley is - maybe he thought he was moving to Bromley.

I thought Knightly did well last season, but the differences in defences between Premier League and Championship is huge.

He hasn't enough quality, nor speed to trouble defences. If we had just gone up and signed them two, I'd be accepting the inevitable. 

I could fight the corner for a few Burnley players, but those two do them no favours, in my humble opinion of course. 

If we're being generous, then Kightly was part of the team that got them promoted, so the signing's fine by me. Not massively exciting, but a sensible signing.  And wasn't Sordell at Watford with Dyche? He looked pretty handy back then, so maybe Dyche thinks he can get him back to that level of performance. Again, not a massively exciting signing, but not an awful one at the price.  Of course, if those are the only 2 signings they make (or the other signings are of the same level), then they're in trouble.

If we're being generous, then Kightly was part of the team that got them promoted, so the signing's fine by me. Not massively exciting, but a sensible signing.  And wasn't Sordell at Watford with Dyche? He looked pretty handy back then, so maybe Dyche thinks he can get him back to that level of performance. Again, not a massively exciting signing, but not an awful one at the price.  Of course, if those are the only 2 signings they make (or the other signings are of the same level), then they're in trouble.

Please change your username to Dunkin With Jam - because that's how my brain always interprets it.

I can guarantee at no point in any time was Sordell handy, he has always been poor. He had a reputation due to Pearce playing him at under 21 level, which saw him score a few goals against some poor teams.

He's a very poor player, when he was at Watford I likened him to Theo Robinson - I stand by that. 

12 goals in 43 games, in the league, four years ago is his best season in football.

Archived