Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real question is why he would want to leave.

He's playing at a club, playing great football, who are amoungst the favourites for promotion. Why go to a newly promoted club? He could:

A - Not fit with the system: Benched, reputation ruined

B - They could get relegated: Back where he started

C - Struggle with the Premier League without familiar surroundings: Benched, reputation ruined

D - All of the above

I have no doubt that in the side now, Bryson would be useful at Premier League level. I'm not confident that he'd either fit with Burnley's style, or be good enough to compensate for that in the Premier League. That's no slight on him, some fantastic players have struggled in systems that don't suit them. Brayford is a great example of an excellent player, one who should have been capable of the Premier League, ruining his reputation and career going to the Premier League to a newly promoted team. Being at a new club, desperate for survival isn't conducive to settling in, and if their style doesn't match and they don't start well, who are they going to blame?

We've seen it all before, and I'm sure Bryson knows that, he seems smart enough to know that. For those reasons I simply don't understand, why Burnley. I really can't see his head being turned by them. For that reason I'm still waiting to see how this plays out.

If ultimately he is to leave, good luck to him, he's done well here. I just don't quite see this being a good enough move to justify the potential risk for him. We've already seen one of our best players in Brayford shatter his career, I don't want to see it happen to Bryson too.

My thoughts on the situation are as followed. Burnley activated the clause in Brysons contract so they could talk to him, apparently he's already been at Burnleys training ground and had talks with them, if Bryson had indicated he wasn't interested in the move why would they bother bidding? IMO opinion Bryson has had talks, indicated he's interested in the move and it's now down to Burnley to make us an offer we can't refuse. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before he leaves, it is now imperative that we get Hendrick on a new long term contract.

Just heard Bryson of to burnley... 800k! This source of info is usually good...but never derby info before...

TRAGEDY IF IS......

And what's the name of your made up source, you dirty little troll.

PistoldPete2

My thoughts on the situation are as followed. Burnley activated the clause in Brysons contract so they could talk to him, apparently he's already been at Burnleys training ground and had talks with them, if Bryson had indicated he wasn't interested in the move why would they bother bidding? IMO opinion Bryson has had talks, indicated he's interested in the move and it's now down to Burnley to make us an offer we can't refuse. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before he leaves, it is now imperative that we get Hendrick on a new long term contract.

well if he puts in a  transfer request we will have the same situation as Thorne. No reason for Bryso to put in a request, no reason not to talk to Burnley either, or to Derby about extending his contract.  

PistoldPete2

Surely he takes one look at that dump and says, '**** this for a game of soldiers. I'm off back to civilisation.'

The housing is cheap in Burnley.

Maybe they did the 750k which meant they could speak to Bryson.

It came out first (from the Burnley end) that he had held talks and then came out that we had rejected the bid.

I don't see it as he must have said he wanted to go there in order for them to bid.

They would have bid that in order to talk to him.

I don't think he will leave, I just can't get my head around why he would leave a club like this, to go to a club like that just for the sake of (more than likely) 1 season in the Premiership.

If he does hand in a transfer request, then i'd have no hesitation in selling him.

I wouldn't want any player at this club who does not want to be here.

I think the truth of the matter is, one of our midfield would be more bench than not. Hendrick has proved himself capable towards the end of last season. Hughes is massively important to how we play and with the knowledge that we are trying to sign Thorne, one of Bryson/Hughes/Hendrick would be left out. We know they are all good enough and they know they are good enough to start and ideally we would wish to keep them all.

I think Bryson has weighed up that his place is not guaranteed, he could earn more and a chance in the prem for the same situation. Doesn't mean he will leave...

I'm confident we could replace him. Like I said, I think he's making a mistake if he leaves. I think the way we play and what he does matches each other.

Will we find another player that will thrive in the way we play? A regular scorer. --- fair chance we'll get close.

Will he find a system that suits him? The freedom? The chances? --- not at Burnley in the Premier League.

It's ***** for both of us. But if we can get some money out of the deal then there's players out there that can come in and fill some of the void.

In my opinion Bryson is thinking that I've just had my best season, this is my best chance to cash in, I've seen the writing on the wall at Derby with Hughes and Hendrick the preferred option, if I'm going to go this is my window. I'm sure that is what his agent is telling him and said agent is hoping that there are a couple of teams after him to drive up the price...

Well, I've heard that we've offered him the same deal that Burnley have....so, make of that what you will.

I don't think we'll see him here on the opening day, which is a huge shame.

I have made out that we have offered him the same deal.

Archived