Umbro - New Kit

New Kit  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really don't like these new kits at all. I see a lot of people praising the minimalistic design, but that only works if we don't plaster a sponsor all over the front. A plain white kit would be ok, but the lack of any kind of design on the new kit means all attention is drawn to Just Eat.

No design doesn't equate to good design. In my opinion the kit is painfully dull.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't like these new kits at all. I see a lot of people praising the minimalistic design, but that only works if we don't plaster a sponsor all over the front. A plain white kit would be ok, but the lack of any kind of design on the new kit means all attention is drawn to Just Eat.

No design doesn't equate to good design. In my opinion the kit is painfully dull.

And that is exactly what just eat have paid their money for.

The sponsor is the only thing I like about the kits really because I can see why that is like that...the rest yawnvillle 2014.

I really don't like these new kits at all. I see a lot of people praising the minimalistic design, but that only works if we don't plaster a sponsor all over the front. A plain white kit would be ok, but the lack of any kind of design on the new kit means all attention is drawn to Just Eat.

Bang on the money... Right there.

High temperature wash, be warned this may also take numbers/letters off the back if you have them.

wouldnt that also shrink the shirt?

think the sponsor 100% ruins the shirts, i liked having bombardier :/ best i can remember i think, would love to wear some of my older shirts(well from 2000 onwards, dont laugh ;p) but they're far too small for me now.

also your son a 100% derby fan yet then? how old is he? ps. didnt you want the shorts too? ;)

wouldnt that also shrink the shirt?

think the sponsor 100% ruins the shirts, i liked having bombardier :/ best i can remember i think, would love to wear some of my older shirts(well from 2000 onwards, dont laugh ;p) but they're far too small for me now.

also your son a 100% derby fan yet then? how old is he? ps. didnt you want the shorts too? ;)

who says i havent got the shorts ?? and the socks ??, yep the boy has had a season ticket since birth !! but only started going properly last season, he is nearly five now !! bought him the new kit every year and had the number on the back to match his age, so got 5 on this shirt, and i have saved the others so he should have a great collection if i carry it on for the next thirty years !!

With umbro being the supplier, does this mean that other outlets like DW sports, Sports Direct will sell the shirt too?

It depends on the club shop, it isn't run by the club it is a franchise, so I guess it depends on if any sports shop want to buy the franchise.

Wished I could read Italian... Would like to hear what they think of the kit.

By the wonders of Google Translate...

Back to basics in the house Derby County after two years with the Italian Kappa at their side, the British team chose to consolidate an indelible pairing, signing a sponsorship deal with Umbro, the historic partner of the Rams in their golden age.

With the double diamond on their uniforms, in fact, the Derby County won his last English title, won in the 1974-75 season, winning the wire in spite of Liverpool, Ipswich Town and Everton.

A few weeks after the official launch of the much appreciated kit Adidas arch-rivals Nottingham Forest, the derby of the east Midlands renews his clothes and promises high coefficient of style and competitive spirit of the ordinary exasperated.

The proposal Umbro for the Rams is linear, clean, no frills here is finally the late British style, although adapted in a contemporary way.

The kit home, in full respect of tradition is all-white, with only the black choker to break the monochrome, on which stand the ram, the double diamond and the much-discussed Umbro lettering affixed at the end of both sleeves.

Shorts completely blacks and white socks with a wide black band at the top refer us back forty years, with the work of Umbro that faithfully reproduces the style that has made it so famous brand.

A potentially great work then, but it collides with the endorsement of a sponsor intrusive, made questionable coloring, which disrupts the harmony of the mesh us back in the blink of an eye to the present day and the absurd laws of the market.

The kit will wear the goalkeeper in home games was carried out in a two-tone gray: in the front portion is symmetrically separated diagonally by the alternation of the two grades, while the rear was used darker shades of gray.

Anthracite shorts and socks of the same hue, except for the upper band, made of lighter gray, complete the uniform.

Archived