Zoltan Gera

DCFCMorris

Former West Brom midfielder Zoltan Gera says he has received a number of offers from Championship clubs, but is still hopeful of a Premier League move.

Gera told Digi Sport Television: "I've got detailed offers from the Championship but I still wait for an offer to come from the Premier League.

"I wouldn't really like to play in the Championship as there are too many games and the quality is not as good as in the Premier League.

"The Championship is a very tough league, if I happened to sign there then I'd choose a team where they have a playful football."

Asked for an example of the kind of team he could see himself fitting in at, Gera replied: "Derby County are like this, they played in the final and they have a good manager, Steve McClaren."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/9341299/transfer-news-former-west-brom-midfielder-zoltan-gera-hoping-for-premier-league-move

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thanks. Don't want a guy looking for one last big pay day, and if he was so good, why did he stay at Baggies and Fulham?

Would be an absolutely superb player at Championship level - but as has been said, 35 now. On the other hand, vastly experienced.

"I wouldn't really like to play in the Championship as there are too many games and the quality is not as good as in the Premier League.

No as his heart would not be in it, I want players like Bucko and Thorne who WANT to play for Derby

No as his heart would not be in it, I want players like Bucko and Thorne who WANT to play for Derby

Every single player would prefer to play in the PL, not a massively surprising comment.

I think he's had two cruciate injuries and his season/career ended at WBA recently with another knee injury. Clearly a class player, but you'd think it would be a lot of money for only a few games. What Rush said recently about our wages been spent on the players on the pitch was interesting, and Zoltan would unnecessarily erode that.

Also, our current more youthful midfield overwhelms teams by our high-energy game and I can't see him being able to contribute in that way. So, it's probably a "no" from me..

But, credit to him for singling us out in the interview (was that a "come and get me" plea?) And if we did give him a contract, I wouldn't object and would look forward to his contribution next season.

Archived