Who will you want to win after England go out?

Posh Ram

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably Spain. I think I'm correct in saying a European team has never won a World Cup in South America so it would be nice to see that change.

Failing them, Ivory Coast coz I've got them in the forum sweep.

I'm a bit "meh" about the tournament at the minute (and that's a first, maybe it's because I work nights so know I won't get to see many live games) so I hope for the opening few games to be real good 'uns.

*Wonder who the first commentator will be to say some South American goalie's nickname is El Loco.  :rolleyes:

Definitely, 100% not.

Lionel Messi is a far better football, put under far bigger stress and up against far better teams.

Nobody can convince me otherwise. I've seen World Cups of old, and even the 1986 in Mexico (which is showed here all the time) is so slow and open it's unreal.

No wonder Maradona scored that goal against England, because he simply had all the space and time in the world to do it. Teams don't give up taht sort of space in todays game.

But thats down to the game rather than the player. Maradona imo single handedly led Argentina to the world cup finals, and has performed on this stage repeatedly.

Messi has time on his hands to reproduce this feat, but at the moment has not hit the heights of winning a world cup.

Argentina have a much better overall team this time than when they won it with maradona, he may go onto be a better play than maradona, but at the moment the latter is still ahead in the game.

Brazil.

1. They play football better than anyone

2. Fittest female supporters

3. They gave us Pele.

1. Loads of teams play better stuff than Brazil once the 80s was over. Germany, Spain, France, Argies, Dutch have often been much better to watch.

2. Fit women who know little about football where Brazil tops to games and the dirty cameraman pick them out

3. Never saw Pele but I do remember his African winner prediction.

Argentina .....  yes there,s a plethora of reasons to despise them ....  but it still doesn.t take away the fact on there day they can entertain , play attractive football ,  and are prone to producing a genius   now and again  ... imo

As soon as England are knocked out I lose all interest in football, the tournament, sport, sunny days etc etc and cannot bring myself to watch anymore. Up to that point I will have watched every minute of every game (or as damn well close to it as I can), wall chart up on the wall and potentially a pannini sticker album and whatever idiotic Engerland tat Tesco has to offer.

Wouldn't mind seeing Messi win it so that that d1ck Pele shuts up talking rubbish.

"World Cup the greatest stage"

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, United, AC, Juventus...

Champions League has always been way tougher.

But thats down to the game rather than the player. Maradona imo single handedly led Argentina to the world cup finals, and has performed on this stage repeatedly.

Messi has time on his hands to reproduce this feat, but at the moment has not hit the heights of winning a world cup.

Argentina have a much better overall team this time than when they won it with maradona, he may go onto be a better play than maradona, but at the moment the latter is still ahead in the game.

Messi has already overtaken Maradona.

This myth that the World Cup is the biggest/most difficult tournament is nonsense when you see how many world class players - Bale, Ibra, Reus to name a few aren't even going to be involved.

Not to mention some teams have so much squad depth (Spain and Brazil) that yet more world class stars aren't likely to be invovled.

The Champions League is the toughest competition to win, and Messi has won it three times already and finished the top goalscorer around five times.

Look at the teams Argentina beat to the World Cup.

South Korea, Italy, Bulgaria, Uruguay, England, Belgium, Germany and that's it.

That's the equivalent of Barcelona winning the Champions League by playing Dinamo Zagreb, Milan, Celtic, Olympiakos, Schalke, Arsenal and then someone tough like Dortmund in the final.

None of those teams even compare to teams like Atletico, Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc... World Cup football is so overrated in that aspect, especially considering the tournaments were so much smaller and weaker before the turn of the millennium.

Pele thinking he's good when he has three World Cups, yet only eight teams and average ones at that participated.

Both? Like a real ******* football team. Or are you saying city just just **** off Dzeko?

What's a real football team?

Why would Man City drop Dzeko and play David Silva upfront?

Spain were hampered by the injury to David Villa in 2012, and their other strikers were badly out of form. Why would Del Bosque play a Fernando Torres or Llorente upfront if they're both out of form and Fabregas/David Silva/Pedro could combine to great a bigger goal threat.

It wasn't normal, but they still created the most chances and scored the most goals.

Anyone trying to deny this is simply in denial by how good they are or simply bored of them winning with such ease.

Messi has already overtaken Maradona.

This myth that the World Cup is the biggest/most difficult tournament is nonsense when you see how many world class players - Bale, Ibra, Reus to name a few aren't even going to be involved.

Not to mention some teams have so much squad depth (Spain and Brazil) that yet more world class stars aren't likely to be invovled.

The Champions League is the toughest competition to win, and Messi has won it three times already and finished the top goalscorer around five times.

Look at the teams Argentina beat to the World Cup.

South Korea, Italy, Bulgaria, Uruguay, England, Belgium, Germany and that's it.

That's the equivalent of Barcelona winning the Champions League by playing Dinamo Zagreb, Milan, Celtic, Olympiakos, Schalke, Arsenal and then someone tough like Dortmund in the final.

None of those teams even compare to teams like Atletico, Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc... World Cup football is so overrated in that aspect, especially considering the tournaments were so much smaller and weaker before the turn of the millennium.

Pele thinking he's good when he has three World Cups, yet only eight teams and average ones at that participated.

But he is playing for a team that is full of stars, look at the Argentina squad when he played and they weren't full of players that made them favourites for the cup.

Barcelona would have probably won those cups without messi, or at least have a very good chance, Argentina would have not won without maradona.

And England, Germany, Belgium and Italy were good teams at that time, so your argument is biased, and saying it is the toughest competeion is flawed, it happens each year, and clubs that win it, normally buy there way to doing so.

If messi is as you say the greatest player ever, then he shouldn't have a problem producing the goods come this World Cup, and as you say that this is not a hard competeion to win, should have a gold medal round is neck at the end of it.

Archived