Time to hijack a poll regarding Thorne!

Ambitious

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just voted (again!) and happened to scroll down the comments to come upon this little 'gem' !

CapnBob70

May 29, 2014 2:20 am

Real Bully Hoo,

Silly comment, considering where you are now 7 years on. Learn to accept defeat, sometimes it is harsh - and like life, you don't get what you deserve sometimes. Anyway, you went up the following season and then went down. Or are you going to blame that on Derby beating you at Wembley as well, neatly side-stepping that fact?

As for Steve McClaren, you're welcome to him - and maybe a West Brom fan like you might deserve him. He rode on the coat-tails of another man's hard work over four years and got lucky with a couple of good loans.

If you appoint him and then go down, that would serve the pair of you right.

I was glad we lost on Saturday - for different reasons. I thought the reaction of some of our fans towards Clough was disgraceful and we didn't shown him any loyalty and for that reason I am glad our CEO didn't benefit from £120m. 'What goes round, comes round' as they say.

For real???

I've just voted (again!) and happened to scroll down the comments to come upon this little 'gem' !

CapnBob70

May 29, 2014 2:20 am

Real Bully Hoo,

Silly comment, considering where you are now 7 years on. Learn to accept defeat, sometimes it is harsh - and like life, you don't get what you deserve sometimes. Anyway, you went up the following season and then went down. Or are you going to blame that on Derby beating you at Wembley as well, neatly side-stepping that fact?

As for Steve McClaren, you're welcome to him - and maybe a West Brom fan like you might deserve him. He rode on the coat-tails of another man's hard work over four years and got lucky with a couple of good loans.

If you appoint him and then go down, that would serve the pair of you right.

I was glad we lost on Saturday - for different reasons. I thought the reaction of some of our fans towards Clough was disgraceful and we didn't shown him any loyalty and for that reason I am glad our CEO didn't benefit from £120m. 'What goes round, comes round' as they say.

For real???

Hey mods- Can we get a word filter so that every time someone says the C-word, it gets starred out? Sick of hearing about him.

But yeah, some real buffoons in our fanbase still. I have a sneaking suspicion that they all went to Wembley and took up the seats around me, talking absolute cobblers about how Clough could have won the league.

I'm puzzled about Thorne. Pretty much everything I've seen of him, makes me wish he was ours on a permanent basis. Why is he out on loan though? I mean who the hell is keeping him out of their side?

Somebody who is an "established" in "the best league in the world" and must be good because he's expensive probably.

It's like Roman politics. A 'new man' isn't listened to even if he talks sense. A fancy name and reputation go a long way.

Fingers crossed they don't give him a chance and see that he's probably just about good enough. Or the new manager plays him in a 442 or something and he looks pants.

They did have a decent team tbf but it looks like it needs some fresh energy.

I'm puzzled about Thorne. Pretty much everything I've seen of him, makes me wish he was ours on a permanent basis. Why is he out on loan though? I mean who the hell is keeping him out of their side?

He was amazing on his debut against Man Utd at Old Trafford and got man of the match, but got a serious injury and was out for 18 months, coming back to fitness, so was loaned out.

I would also say that West Brom and Derby playing different styles, so maybe he is suited to ours?

or made up?

They won't have made up comments as strong as that. They'd get sued from both Thorne and WBA if they did. 

Can't see him playing for them again after this, and I don't think WBA would want him back either.

They won't have made up comments as strong as that. They'd get sued from both Thorne and WBA if they did. 

Can't see him playing for them again after this, and I don't think WBA would want him back either.

True, if he has said it, then the duress claim is a big thing and there may be legal issues to deal with before he can move, and also could we done for tapping up?

Archived