Qpr flags

sometimes the rubbish that gets typed needs a reply.

Really? It seems to me that the general reaction on here has been pretty balanced and objective, considering how we all feel about it. The discussion with R fans who are also magnanimous and even handed has also been friendly and respectful.

If you feel otherwise, then again, your best course is to log off.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever we had played, there would have been good and bad behaviour from both sets of fans.

Can't really get over excited about qpr fans;

can't see any reason to accuse anyone who paid £50-£100 for a ticket of being a fake or plastic fan.

I'm gutted that we lost but i'm not going to turn that into anger directed at their fans.

I felt a bit sorry for west brom fans when we triumphed against the odds but i was delighted that we won.

I suspect thats how many qpr fans felt.

Really? It seems to me that the general reaction on here has been pretty balanced and objective, considering how we all feel about it. The discussion with R fans who are also magnanimous and even handed has also been friendly and respectful.

If you feel otherwise, then again, your best course is to log off.

I guess you're right (as always, I expect).  My original post was just challenging some of the inaccurate claims on here as opposed to resorting to one-line clever comments.  I'll leave you to yours.

I've never really understood this getting really drunk at football games malarkey. Why wouldn't you want to be completely focused on the game and the occasion? I saw one guy that was so drunk he was drifting off slightly

I guess you're right (as always, I expect).  My original post was just challenging some of the inaccurate claims on here as opposed to resorting to one-line clever comments.  I'll leave you to yours.

Keep practicing sonny, and one day you might come up with a clever comment - one line or otherwise.

One line :)  You're welcome.

Maybe you'll actually make a relevant football comment soon.

One line :)  You're welcome.

Maybe you'll actually make a relevant football comment soon.

Keep practicing sonny, and one day you might come up with a clever comment - one line or otherwise.

Better?  If I spent as long on the forum as Lambchop I'll maybe be as hilarious one day.  If you look at my original post you'll see it was about football.  You can spot the real fans on here as they talk about football, not "clever comments".

Rubbish

It looked good.

They beat us on that one.

We could have done the same.

Exactly my thoughts at the time. Would have cost sod all and would have evened up the visuals a bit. We still outsang them tho!

1. Really? It seems to me that the general reaction on here has been pretty balanced and objective, considering how we all feel about it.

2. The discussion with R fans who are also magnanimous and even handed has also been friendly and respectful.

3. If you feel otherwise, then again, your best course is to log off.

Maybe it was the acoustics, maybe it was the occasion, maybe it was the sheer amount of numbers spreading the singers out, but we really didn't create that much noise, far less than the Brighton and Forest games, more than QPR but never a wall of noise.

Brilliant.  Going to go back and count all your lines now.  I came on here and made a football comment - maybe you should try and do the same and not sit there all day picking at other people.

I'll sign off and leave you to keep posting on this thread with your clever remarks.  You strike me as someone who always wants the last word.  Sure you'll prove this right soon :)

Brilliant. Going to go back and count all your lines now. I came on here and made a football comment - maybe you should try and do the same and not sit there all day picking at other people.

I'll sign off and leave you to keep posting on this thread with your clever remarks. You strike me as someone who always wants the last word. Sure you'll prove this right soon :)

You came on her acting all smug because you fluked a win that will probably keep Harry Houdinis friend Mr Admistration away for another year.

They were talking about that on the radio on the drive home - apparently it's a "tradition" for QPR when they play at Wembley to walk five miles from Shepherd's Bush to the stadium with a coffin carrying their opponent's logo. About 8,000 fans they said made the walk on Saturday.

One of the more weird football rituals.....

Didn't realise it was a regular thing. Very strange.

Didn't realise it was a regular thing. Very strange.

I might be wrong, but believe this was something they started doing against Chelsea, to symbolise Chelsea's death as the richest team in London. Wot a bunch of cvnts.

I came on here and made a football comment

I didn't think your 'comment' was worth discussing. Neither, it seems, did anyone else. I made a light hearted remark, which you haven't stopped bleating on about since.

I read this forum because I support Derby.. not sure what your purpose is, except trying to pick an argument.

Re: Coffin -

Written by Peter Wall "In 1967, QPR played West Brom in the League Cup Final and I made a wooden coffin and my friends, dressed in mourning suits, marched 3,000 fans from Loftus Road to Wembley. On arrival we were allowed to leave the coffin in the inner space in the stadium and after winning the match 3-2 we marched home.

"The idea came from a friend, Barry Harrington, who was also a great QPR fan. In 1952, he was waiting at Paddington station when a train arrived from Wales and, to his amazement, a group of Cardiff City supporters came off the train carrying a coffin with a sign saying 'RIP Arsenal'."

Re: Coffin -

Written by Peter Wall "In 1967, QPR played West Brom in the League Cup Final and I made a wooden coffin and my friends, dressed in mourning suits, marched 3,000 fans from Loftus Road to Wembley. On arrival we were allowed to leave the coffin in the inner space in the stadium and after winning the match 3-2 we marched home.

"The idea came from a friend, Barry Harrington, who was also a great QPR fan. In 1952, he was waiting at Paddington station when a train arrived from Wales and, to his amazement, a group of Cardiff City supporters came off the train carrying a coffin with a sign saying 'RIP Arsenal'."

But even then, I think those Cardiff fans stole the idea from Sheffield Wednesday.

Archived