Qpr flags

I didn't think your 'comment' was worth discussing. Neither, it seems, did anyone else. I made a light hearted remark, which you haven't stopped bleating on about since.

I read this forum because I support Derby.. not sure what your purpose is, except trying to pick an argument.

"I didn't think your 'comment' was worth discussing".  So why did you comment on it?  You have an answer for everything!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stillHere

Yes, well done.  Another hilarious remark.  I notice how when it comes to a proper or football based response all you can muster is a stupid remark.  You say you didn't think my comment was worth discussing yet you still responded to it and have yet to make a sensible response.  As long as you're happy - no doubt you'll respond soon.  I'll keep laughing at you  :)

Re: Coffin -

Written by Peter Wall "In 1967, QPR played West Brom in the League Cup Final and I made a wooden coffin and my friends, dressed in mourning suits, marched 3,000 fans from Loftus Road to Wembley. On arrival we were allowed to leave the coffin in the inner space in the stadium and after winning the match 3-2 we marched home.

"The idea came from a friend, Barry Harrington, who was also a great QPR fan. In 1952, he was waiting at Paddington station when a train arrived from Wales and, to his amazement, a group of Cardiff City supporters came off the train carrying a coffin with a sign saying 'RIP Arsenal'."

Interesting. But still weird. It got me thinking about if I knew of any odder rituals. I didn't. 

Interesting. But still weird. It got me thinking about if I knew of any odder rituals. I didn't. 

Following QPR (certainly before the current owners) has always been questioned as being a bit weird. It is quite difficult to gauge with other clubs, but in the old days of the terraces, I have never spoken to such wide variety of people from different backgrounds.

I know other fans dont like me describing us as a small club, but it quite exciting to meet a rangers fan in real life, once you are outside the main supporter catchment area. Unlike the Big 6, we dont generally go around lauding it

The thing that grates more than most with the big clubs... why am I expected to know all about them and they then to barely have heard of us?

Still, it made it all the more enjoyable taking points from Chelscum, when their recent recruits were unaware of any history before Abramaovich. 

Following QPR (certainly before the current owners) has always been questioned as being a bit weird. It is quite difficult to gauge with other clubs, but in the old days of the terraces, I have never spoken to such wide variety of people from different backgrounds.

I know other fans dont like me describing us as a small club, but it quite exciting to meet a rangers fan in real life, once you are outside the main supporter catchment area. Unlike the Big 6, we dont generally go around lauding it

The thing that grates more than most with the big clubs... why am I expected to know all about them and they then to barely have heard of us?

Still, it made it all the more enjoyable taking points from Chelscum, when their recent recruits were unaware of any history before Abramaovich. 

You might be right you know. Come to think of it, I don't know or even know of (though mates etc) any QPR fans at all, which is odd.

Yes, well done.  Another hilarious remark.  I notice how when it comes to a proper or football based response all you can muster is a stupid remark.  You say you didn't think my comment was worth discussing yet you still responded to it and have yet to make a sensible response.  As long as you're happy - no doubt you'll respond soon.  I'll keep laughing at you  :)

Spot the dick

Re: Coffin -

Written by Peter Wall "In 1967, QPR played West Brom in the League Cup Final and I made a wooden coffin and my friends, dressed in mourning suits, marched 3,000 fans from Loftus Road to Wembley. On arrival we were allowed to leave the coffin in the inner space in the stadium and after winning the match 3-2 we marched home.

"The idea came from a friend, Barry Harrington, who was also a great QPR fan. In 1952, he was waiting at Paddington station when a train arrived from Wales and, to his amazement, a group of Cardiff City supporters came off the train carrying a coffin with a sign saying 'RIP Arsenal'."

That is just a teeny weeny bit tasteless.

Spot the dick

He wasn't even talking about football, the thick, humourless twát.

He can't be a dick and a tw@t.

P.s. Let it go.

It doesn't look as bad as i imagined.....more like a student rag.

But coffins, cup finals.....perhaps not really totally appropriate after hillsborough.

A guy in front of us was waving two of the large flags and I thought that's great, he's 100% behind the club.

My view changed when they scored as he stood up and walked straight out and muttered "Derby, you're f**king useless" - not a true fan and probably one of the glory boys..!

My point is, flags don't make you a true fan!

I would personally have hated it; if the club had left flags for us. Just like I dislike music being played right up until kick off. IMO it would be an admission that the club thought it needs to help with the atmosphere. And as we all know, there is no need to help with the atmosphere in a game of that magnitude. Especially with our magnificent support!

Archived