Qpr flags

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see the Derby County coffin that a small group paraded down Wembley Way? 

Stay classy QPR.

They were talking about that on the radio on the drive home - apparently it's a "tradition" for QPR when they play at Wembley to walk five miles from Shepherd's Bush to the stadium with a coffin carrying their opponent's logo. About 8,000 fans they said made the walk on Saturday.

One of the more weird football rituals.....

It comes down to a choice:

Do you want 40,000 plastics waving pretty flags or do you want 40,000 fanatics screaming their lungs out?

I never heard the flags once.

Yawn, our support might have been louder but there were still 16,000 Derby fans there who don't normally go to games. There were people around me (block 138) who were just as "plastic" - stupid phrase - some who sat with their arms folded the entire game and plenty who didn't even know the words to the one chant we have.

I'm not just talking about the QPR game, but in general. When are we going to shed this ridiculous self-importance that we are somehow better fans than everyone else?  We have 8-10,000 spare seats at most home games, our away support in recent times has has been no more than average before we picked up this season.

Yes, within the city it was massive and the only thing people have been talking about of late, but surely that's the same with every team in the country in that situation. 

If we had got promoted and suddenly we fill the ground, those fans would be just as "plastic" as the ones people like to slag off from other clubs. 

We're a great club, with terrific support, but can we please stop lording over everyone else by somehow thinking we're extra-special.

Yawn, our support might have been louder but there were still 16,000 Derby fans there who don't normally go to games. There were people around me (block 138) who were just as "plastic" - stupid phrase - some who sat with their arms folded the entire game and plenty who didn't even know the words to the one chant we have.

I'm not just talking about the QPR game, but in general. When are we going to shed this ridiculous self-importance that we are somehow better fans than everyone else?  We have 8-10,000 spare seats at most home games, our away support in recent times has has been no more than average before we picked up this season.

Yes, within the city it was massive and the only thing people have been talking about of late, but surely that's the same with every team in the country in that situation. 

If we had got promoted and suddenly we fill the ground, those fans would be just as "plastic" as the ones people like to slag off from other clubs. 

We're a great club, with terrific support, but can we please stop lording over everyone else by somehow thinking we're extra-special.

Why 'Yawn'?

Are you always so pathetically negative about everything? Oh sorry, yes you are. Carry on.

Why 'Yawn'?

Are you always so pathetically negative about everything? Oh sorry, yes you are. Carry on.

I can't help but reply.  Some of the fans on here really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Firstly, the flags.  QPR had 30 volunteers spend 12 hours putting the flags out.  Derby could have done the same and if it was the other way round you'd be saying how good it was.  The QPR fans were all saying before the game that they expect Derby have done the same, but there was nothing.  I'm sure the QPR players got a lift when they looked up to see that.  Derby could have done the same but didn't.  What is "plastic" about a club making an effort to create a good atmosphere?  A bitter response to one club making more effort than the other.

Secondly, another thread suggests the "nation" wanted Derby to win.  A very blinkered view by a team who lost a final.  Almost every club is in debt, but some more than others.  Derby had one man more than QPR for 30 minutes yet barely put a shot on target.  The few that were did not once really look like going in.  If a team can't put the game to bed in that situation then does that mean they were robbed?  Or does the fact you let in a goal, with two defensive mistakes in the build up mean that maybe it's your fault and carelessness for not finishing the game off?

And I agree with the above post.  Every club who goes to Wembley has more fans than go to the normal matches.  QPR had fans travel from Perth, Melbourne, Durban, Scandinavia to name but a few places.  Fans who have been watching for years but for whatever good reason cannot now go made the effort to watch.  I bought 20 tickets for the game and all but one of the 20 have been to at least 10 games this season, yet only 6 are season ticket holders.  Does that make the 14 others plastic?  Or is it a case that people who can't go to every game make that effort to go to the biggest game for decades?

I'm sure some people will come and disagree, despite actually admitting that sometimes their blinkered, biased view may be wrong.  I agree 100% that QPR maybe didn't deserve to win based on possession, shots, corners etc.  But we didn't rob you.  We put away the chance when it came to us.  I was in Cardiff when they beat us 1-0 in similar circumstances around 10 years ago.  The difference is we accepted that when we had the chance to put the game to bed we mucked it up, and Cardiff didn't.  That's how football works.

I find the constant over-analysis over what fans have and haven't done to be one of the most tedious things in football.

Yeah, it was quite impressive, but it's not why Zamora buried his chance, and I'm far more interested in that.

Thought both sets of fans performed as expected at Wembley.

What I want to know is how they managed to keep waving them for so long before kick off? Some of them had been going for at least an hour. Maybe the 'volunteers' had left a few stamina improving, penis diminishing pills alongside the flags. Remember guys, be the bigger person

They were talking about that on the radio on the drive home - apparently it's a "tradition" for QPR when they play at Wembley to walk five miles from Shepherd's Bush to the stadium with a coffin carrying their opponent's logo. About 8,000 fans they said made the walk on Saturday.

One of the more weird football rituals.....

A tradition they get to perform only slightly more often than we see a solar eclipse or Halley's comet.

Wouldn't have bothered me really but probably shouldn't be allowed as it could incite an incident. 

Ignore the topic but make a clever reply. You sum up the messageboard perfectly.

I'm ignoring the topic because it's tedious and irrelevant. You had some flags, well done. You scored a goal, well done. What do you expect us to say, exactly.

If you don't like this forum, feel free to return to your own.

I could not give a donkeys chuff about what QPR fans did in the ground, although the flags did look very good. It was upto us to wave our scarves and flags to compete with them. 

It was outside the ground and afterwards that upset me. The amount who stayed behind to wave of the coaches and the abuse we got was disgusting. Although we did have a laugh on the coach waving at the them etc, that seemed to bemuse them more. We passed one coach where one chap, who was apparantly 'DLF' managed to get of a coach and go and have ago at a rather large QPR fan.

I'm surprised know one has mentioned the disgusting toilets inside Wembley. At least I can aim straight and not all over the floor. Is that how some behave at home? It was also obvious some were using drugs in the toilets as well.!!

I'm ignoring the topic because it's tedious and irrelevant. You had some flags, well done. You scored a goal, well done. What do you expect us to say, exactly.

If you don't like this forum, feel free to return to your own.

You're right.  I expected you to be unhappy (as I would be) but sometimes the rubbish that gets typed needs a reply.  You typed the first petty reply, not me.

I agree the abuse you got by the coaches, if that was the case, was disgusting and pointless.  Only a game of football after all.  But it was also disgusting to see around 10 Derby fans (I assume they are loyal fans seeing as it was only QPR that sold to touts, so it is claimed on here) trying to fight fans outside The Good Ship pub in Kilburn.  One innocent pedestrian who was walking past and not anything to do with the game was sat on the pavement with blood pouring from his face.  Clearly Derby fans, in Derby shirts, taunting the police as they tried to move them on.  Maybe both sides had some fans behaving disgustingly.

You're right.  I expected you to be unhappy (as I would be) but sometimes the rubbish that gets typed needs a reply.  You typed the first petty reply, not me.

I agree the abuse you got by the coaches, if that was the case, was disgusting and pointless.  Only a game of football after all.  But it was also disgusting to see around 10 Derby fans (I assume they are loyal fans seeing as it was only QPR that sold to touts, so it is claimed on here) trying to fight fans outside The Good Ship pub in Kilburn.  One innocent pedestrian who was walking past and not anything to do with the game was sat on the pavement with blood pouring from his face.  Clearly Derby fans, in Derby shirts, taunting the police as they tried to move them on.  Maybe both sides had some fans behaving disgustingly.

Certainly don't condone bad behaviour from any set of supporters. Sadly some people over do the beer on occasions like this and get out of control

Archived