W Brett Wilson

Makedoh

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm...they also said when the time is right they would give an extra push.

The time is nigh.

I'm pretty certain we were embedded in the top 6 when Rush made the statement about loans (if we didn't go up).I can't see much that's changed significantly

I think the problem that many people have with loans is the stigma brought about by the many, many **** loans that we've had in the past. 

This season, we've used the loan market really, REALLY, well. Same again next season and that's fine with me. 

That being said, if Thorne's available, just sign him.

I think the problem that many people have with loans is the stigma brought about by the many, many **** loans that we've had in the past.

This season, we've used the loan market really, REALLY, well. Same again next season and that's fine with me.

Absolutely spot on, we've been spoilt with quality this season in the loan department. Wisdom, Thorne and Bamford. I can only think of a handful in the previous few years before who thought improved the team.

Now that the premier teams have seen our style of play and their young players see the likes of wisdom playing every week then we will attract the best loan players from the premier.

Not the 8th choice rb from Tottenham like previously.

Now that the premier teams have seen our style of play and their young players see the likes of wisdom playing every week then we will attract the best loan players from the premier.

Not the 8th choice rb from Tottenham like previously.

Agree mate - we have a fantastic opportunity to attract talented players to come to us. Liverpool must be delighted at the way Wisdom's benefited this season.

I agree about the loans being very iffy before, but i think that the loans this season (well the last two thirds) are huge improvements on before but that must be down to the pull of McClaren, he is sooo highly regarded in the proffession, and after this season i think he will be able to pick up the phone and people will offer to walk here to play for him/us..

I cant wait for next season to start....... another cracking season in prospect :wub:

This season has shown the advantages and disadvantages of the loan system for us.

The advantages being we acquired three players who we could not normally afford to buy but who significantly (in two cases) improved our team and pushed us closer to promotion than we would have been. 

The disadvatanges being that when we fail in our ultimate goal, an important part of the team disappears overnight, leaving a sizeable gap to fill.

The parent club benefits because their player improves and plays football. The player benefits for the same reason.

The conclusion seems to be that as the loan club, the better you do with these loan players, the worse the eventual outcome for you is!

On another note. Wba will not loan Thorne to a prem team competing for survival against them. So if he doesn't feature for them. He will be back here on a season long loan.

And I don't think they will sell him to a relegation rival either....

I wonder how many transfers of 2-6 million bracket went on between teams in the lower level of the prem at the beginning of last season.

I saw an interview from Mr Wilson and I have a gut feeling that he is turning to a fan of Rams besides being an owner. I think things will turn up fine.

Agreed. Not sure how much we'd cost for him to gain overall control? But I definitely like the idea of someone who's genuinely fallen in love with the club, rather than a businessman or two! 

Just saw a re run episode of Dragon's Den where Mr Wilson invested $250000 on small time circus after other investors had trashed the lady making the pitch and had her burst into tears. Mr Wilson said he could afford to take the risk and he just happened to like entertainment and sports business and was happy to risk it. There's an attitude we could use. :)

Just saw a re run episode of Dragon's Den where Mr Wilson invested $250000 on small time circus after other investors had trashed the lady making the pitch and had her burst into tears. Mr Wilson said he could afford to take the risk and he just happened to like entertainment and sports business and was happy to risk it. There's an attitude we could use. :)

Careful,he might invest in the gumps.

So you're telling me he's an investor at Florest too?

Archived