W Brett Wilson

Makedoh

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just posted this on twitter.

@WBrettWilson: For the record - the coaching staff and owners of #DCFC are indeed aware of @GeorgeThorne15 (and we have his phone number!). #PatiencePlease

First tweet in world history I like.

Was posted in the Thorne section as well, but maybe we can take this thread in a different direction. Does anyone think he and the others will be more inclined to spend a little more after getting so close this season? While I don't think there's been a lack of investment from them, I have a feeling that we'll see more this summer than previously. Whether that's bringing Thorne or Wisdom back, or finding quality replacements. 

I would hope that he sees that we need to push the boat out a bit this summer. 

Retaining Thorne would be a major coup for us. Yes, there are other players out there, but Thorne's proven to us. We know that he can slot in to this side. His attitude is faultless.

All the £££ we made yesterday, and throughout the season - if we blew it all on Thorne, and kept all of our permanent players, then I'd consider it a good summer's transfer activity. Add a few loans to cover the loss of Wisdom, and to provide a bit of cover elsewhere, and that would do me nicely. 

If we can keep the nucleus of this side, I think we'll have a very good season next year.

I'm getting the impression that Mr W is starting to get a bit more excited about the club and team just recently. Interviews, tweets, in attendance at the last few games.

Would be good if he could at least supprt us noy losing our great young talent

WBA don't do twitter(whatever that is) do they?We don't want them to think we

really want the bloke,bad they may up the asking price.

HEY WBA HES CRAP WE DONT WANT HIM BUT WE FEEL SORRY FOR HIM

HERE 10 BOB TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

We've had the kid on loan and he's been fantastic. Course they already know we are extremely keen

We met Mr Wilson ( call me Brett) after the game and he said the very same thing about Thorne.

Made some interesting references to our scouting network , especially the work put in by Chris Evans in South America, before comparing it to the 'scouting' under Nigel.

I now feel a lot more confident about our future !!

We met Mr Wilson ( call me Brett) after the game and he said the very same thing about Thorne.

Made some interesting references to our scouting network , especially the work put in by Chris Evans in South America, before comparing it to the 'scouting' under Nigel.

South America is an interesting area. A lot of talent an be found at reasonable price. The problem is to find a player who has a head on his shoulders that can deal with another culture and playing style.

South America is an interesting area. A lot of talent an be found at reasonable price. The problem is to find a player who has a head on his shoulders that can deal with another culture and playing style.

Think the bigger problem will be finding someone who'll qualify for a work permit......

Can we avoid turning this into another "slag Clough" thread please? Clough did a great job in very adverse circumstances.

Archived