W Brett Wilson

Makedoh

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I would be amazed if Thorne is in a Rams shirt next season - he'll probably have a great chance of starting for WBA after their narrow escape from relegation and I can see other lower PL clubs (Villa, Swansea, Palace) being interested and also both Burnley and QPR who can offer him top-flight football.

There is a better chance of re-signing Wisdom and Bamford.

I think now the ball is very much in Mr Wilson and his fellow   investors court.

The rest of football now know just how good this Derby team is and to improve it will cost.

Unless we unearth some bargain gems, establish players of the same calibre or better will need big investment.

Also I would think that if Thorne, Wisdom, and Hughes come, or stay then big wages will be demanded.

Will they go the whole hog

Brett sounds like a dream owner.

Passionate, grounded, loads of actual dollar, not a skint Arab, and excited about being a supporter of our club.

I think I love him, but not in a gay way.

I recon they ought to sell "Brett" style coats in shop dcfc.

The last time I saw him he had a lumberjack look going on. I thought he looked the bizz.

I think now the ball is very much in Mr Wilson and his fellow   investors court.

The rest of football now know just how good this Derby team is and to improve it will cost.

Unless we unearth some bargain gems, establish players of the same calibre or better will need big investment.

Also I would think that if Thorne, Wisdom, and Hughes come, or stay then big wages will be demanded.

The last time I saw him he had a lumberjack look going on. I thought he looked the bizz.

Well, you can't say we haven't gone the whole hog in the charm offensive to show him what fine, upstanding, classy and deserving citizens Derby people are. We've introduced him to Ladyram.

My guess is he is he going to throw his wealth around on the club's behalf just to prove he deserves Ladyram's approval. God knows, the rest of us crave it!

Love to be proven wrong but I suspect that we won't see much difference in terms of approach. 

If they were ever going to inject £££ on to the pitch then they'd have most likely done it when we were second around New Year. 

The other thing - they'll be thinking that we've managed to put THIS team together on a shoe-string, so why not again.

if we made £3m from the play off experience, then we will probably have £4m to spend plus any incoming transfer income.

Most of those being released are on low wages so selling Sammon would be a major step forwards.

Buying Thorne and Wisdom, a couple of good loans and a couple of good frees and we should be fine.

Love to be proven wrong but I suspect that we won't see much difference in terms of approach. 

If they were ever going to inject £££ on to the pitch then they'd have most likely done it when we were second around New Year. 

The other thing - they'll be thinking that we've managed to put THIS team together on a shoe-string, so why not again.

I think the owners and everyone else at the club were hopefull we could be in the top 6 at the end of the season, but i think i remember Brett saying something about how the play offs and the possibility of Prem fottball had come a little earlier than expected, so i think having been that close to 'the dream',  an sampling the 'fever', and seeing how many fans turned out and all those that couldnt get tickets etc they now know what a huge club they have.... and i think they will invest and want us to push on now.

I will be amazed if they allow us to continue 'on a shoe-string'

I think the owners and everyone else at the club were hopefull we could be in the top 6 at the end of the season, but i think i remember Brett saying something about how the play offs and the possibility of Prem fottball had come a little earlier than expected, so i think having been that close to 'the dream',  an sampling the 'fever', and seeing how many fans turned out and all those that couldnt get tickets etc they now know what a huge club they have.... and i think they will invest and want us to push on now.

I will be amazed if they allow us to continue 'on a shoe-string'

Like I said mate, I would absolutely, positively, love to be proven wrong. 

Going out and signing Thorne and Wisdom would be an excellent way of doing it. Fingers crossed! :)

Well, you can't say we haven't gone the whole hog in the charm offensive to show him what fine, upstanding, classy and deserving citizens Derby people are. We've introduced him to Ladyram.

My guess is he is he going to throw his wealth around on the club's behalf just to prove he deserves Ladyram's approval. God knows, the rest of us crave it!

Lolololololol. Behave!! I'm sure he gives a massive toss about what I think. Not.

if we made £3m from the play off experience, then we will probably have £4m to spend plus any incoming transfer income.

Most of those being released are on low wages so selling Sammon would be a major step forwards.

Buying Thorne and Wisdom, a couple of good loans and a couple of good frees and we should be fine.

Just because we made this kind of cash doesn't mean we're going to spend it.As it happens,it just about equates to the cash loss we tend to make,so the owners might just like a breather from pouring in funds to cover losses.I remember that years ago Glick said that they would like to come to a stage whereby they didn't have to do it.The only funds I can remember Rush committing to swell the transfer kitty derived from naming rights (and possibly the Amott funds).

Rush said some time ago that we would again be looking at loans -if unable to resecure our existing loanees,then attempting to get similar quality.Thus I'd expect about £1m+any outgoing fees.The only change I could envisage would be if Thorne became available on a permanent (bit of a long shot methinks).They're loathe to pay big fees,but in this particular case they could see the obvious quality.

Should?

Do that and they may aswell write Derby County's name on the Championship trophy this summer.

Archived