A Night with the Rams this week

Srg

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the write ups. Hopefully Thorne will sign and the top teams will be throwing their best young talent at us after the success of thorne/wisdom/bamford's loans.

Any idea where they're visiting in the USA and if they're up for a pint? I'd also be more than happy to apply sun lotion to people's backs if they find themselves in southern california.

Peoples backs or the WAGS backs and errrr other parts?! ;)

Sorry, for the length of the post, but that covers just about everything :)

Thanks very much Animal. Blimey, so much detail

Did you

a) take a dictaphone with you

b) not need one as you have an excellent memory

or

c) use shorthand?

;-)

Thanks very much Animal. Blimey, so much detail

Did you

a) take a dictaphone with you

b) not need one as you have an excellent memory

or

c) use shorthand?

;-)

I was doing a live twitter thing (@DCFCMiguel13), so used shorthand on that, then plugged the rest with what I could remember..

I was doing a live twitter thing (@DCFCMiguel13), so used shorthand on that, then plugged the rest with what I could remember..

Shorthands not easy, well done you.

I'll look out for you on Twitter :-)

It's going to be a case of whether WBA want to sell and if so how much for.

I'm hoping that the fact that we are 'in negotiations' with WBA is a positive sign that they would entertain the idea of selling him.

Weird one that they signed Gardner and could potentially sell Thorne without having a manager!

Whilst I welcome the addition of Mel Morris,you must forgive me for not enthusing too much about words until they've been converted to actions.Why do I adopt this stance? Well,I'll give you a 'for instance'. Total wages (excl ENIC) came in at £10.6m in 12/13,and we're now told that current wages are between £10-11m.I seem to remember we were told that wages were to increase by £2m this year.Some of us were a bit sceptical about this,but couldn't prove anything.Well now we have the figures that count (for any who think it might be linked to the cull in merchandising staff,then I've got disappointing news,as these reductions were reflected in the 12/13 figures.)

Given that the 12/13 total wages table put us in a lowly position (and we were as near as damn it effectively 3rd bottom equal with several clubs),there's a bit of a PR problem,as you can't alter the figures.I remember Glick telling us that he didn't want other clubs knowing what we paid in players' wages as one of the reasons for discontinuing giving our own figures.He also made the point that other clubs didn't disclose (so why should we),yet all of a sudden we seem to know their figures.I'll bet that when they talked about others spending a higher proportion on non players they wanted us to think they were talking about clubs with higher overall total wages.We're quite a big club in Championship terms in relation to infrastructure and attendances (not forgetting an Academy whose expenditure is largely wages based on coaching staff ),yet other clubs may be spending a larger proportion of a larger amount? I put it to you that if these percentages are true,it could well relate to the likes of Barnsley and Yeovil  who would have small overall budgets.Given that you have to employ certain staff to run a club,it would come as no surprise if these particular clubs would spend a larger percentage than us on the non playing side.

What irritates me is why they feel the need to say these things.We recognise our wages are fairly moderate,but we've done well on it.Why not just leave it at that?

Am now three short of the most liked post. Might frame it.

Go on then,make it 2 -and thanks for the report.

Ramblur,

Not quite sure if I'm reading you right, or if you have misunderstood the report. I think when Sam talked of non-playing wages, he was actually talking about "players not on the pitch" wages. He was saying that a large chunk of our playing wages are on the pitch, whereas other clubs have larger squads and have a large chunk of players wages applicable to players who don't actually get on the pitch.

Feel free to ignore... :wacko:

Ramblur,

Not quite sure if I'm reading you right, or if you have misunderstood the report. I think when Sam talked of non-playing wages, he was actually talking about "players not on the pitch" wages. He was saying that a large chunk of our playing wages are on the pitch, whereas other clubs have larger squads and have a large chunk of players wages applicable to players who don't actually get on the pitch.

Feel free to ignore... :wacko:

Yeah that's the impression I got as well. I think Rush was referring to the fact that a lot of clubs are paying players who don't even get in the squad.

Will be interested if that particular part makes it into the edit.. but I got the impression that the quoted figure was total wages for the club, with a higher percentage was on players, than non-playing staff, not that playing wages was £10-11m, which, as Ramblur said, doesn't quite correlate with what they were saying before.

Apologies if it was my mis-interpretation..

Archived