A Night with the Rams this week

Srg

Whilst I welcome the addition of Mel Morris,you must forgive me for not enthusing too much about words until they've been converted to actions.

I understood you as far as that.....

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a case of whether WBA want to sell and if so how much for.

Agreed. The fact that they have said he wants to join is very encouraging. 

Also from what I could see there was no goodbye on twitter. Maybe he expects to return?

If a player wants to leave generally they get there way as we have seen before!

I heard that the club estimated the refund at just short of £2m

£90m would surely not be that hard in the prem,

Taking out the tv income leaves

£28m

From Season tickets, gate receipts, merchandising, commercial revenue both matchday and other wise.

I also dont know if anybody else noticed by the club seem to be doing a lot more events, I get emails all the time saying do I want to go to this and that, they are even doing the boxing on sat!!

Let's get this into context.In 12/13 the income heads you mentioned amounted to just under £11m in total.Now this included a reduced merchandise figure compared to previous years because the 12/13 figure was profit as opposed to turnover,so if I substitute the figure from the year before,the total climbs to just under £12m.

Davenport rightly said that the estimate (including tv) for the current year had been £17.3m prior to the play offs and consequent additional income.However,this income could be ignored for a Prem season for obvious reasons,so again deducting tv income brings the £17.3m down to just under £13m,with a similar adjustment on merchandising bringing it up to just under £14m.

Therefore,to achieve the lower end of the estimate (£90m),other income would have to double.Total match receipts (incl S/Ts) came in at £5.285m in 12/13,and I can tell you now that there's no way we'd hit £10.6m in the Prem,especially with the refunds.Thus the remaining income heads would have to more than double to compensate-a tall order,particularly when we know that a reasonable chunk in the form of naming rights would be unchanged in the Prem.

when they where talking about this it was on the ffp topic and how its unfair on some clubs,

ie clubs that were trying to meet it but it was nigh on impossible due to players not in the match day team on legacy contracts.

That was what I took it as anyways. JV made special mention saying he appreciated what forest and bolton where 'trying' to do, even though they have breached it

I think he said 50% of teams have breached the rules of which half just ignored them (QPR) and the other half had no chance but have tried (bolton)

Ah,that's a little clearer then.I still have the problem that this would represent a change of policy on giving out figures for players only.Still,the accounts will clarify everything.

I'm so pumped about next season! I think this season has been more effective than the year we went up, and now that I've sat back and got over the QPR defeat I'm sort of glad.. Because for now on all we can do is strengthen as a squad.. We have amazing management, I don't think anyone can see Steve making many bad decisions.. I just feel that ultimately when we do go up we can stay up.. I feel like if we would have beat QPR we would have struggled a bit next year.

Don't forget the payment based on league position, Newcastle dropped 2.25 mil for slipping 3 places on final day, works out at roughly 750k per place.

If he's not working on the basis of the minimum £62m,then he'd have to be guessing our finishing position (range,covering 4 places).

Ignore the 4 places bit as his £90-95m range could also represent flexibility on non tv income.

16000 St sold before the deadline. I reckon about £4.3m at £270 refund each , deliberately estimating high as there is a large proportion of the ground where season tickets cost less then £540 during the initial early bird period.

Dav,I'm not being patronising here,just offering advice.When coming up with figures,always apply the 'does this look right' test.Your refund figure implies the 16,000 would have yielded £8.6m without refunds.We've been getting nowhere near this for total match receipts,let alone 16.000 only.

It's probably best not to take everything the owners/management say not too literally. I remember brett saying in the mail piece before the play off final he was staggered how much was at stake, believing it to be half of the real amount. Too clever a man not to have the finances nailed.

Dav,I'm not being patronising here,just offering advice.When coming up with figures,always apply the 'does this look right' test.Your refund figure implies the 16,000 would have yielded £8.6m without refunds.We've been getting nowhere near this for total match receipts,let alone 16.000 only.

That's why I said I was overestimating.

Oh and when in the past I used an average season ticket price of £250 was told or was too low, yet that produces receipts of £4.25m for the 17000 ST holders we've had for the past few years. Does that sit nice with total gate receipts in the accounts?

Oh and when in the past I used an average season ticket price of £250 was told or was too low, yet that produces receipts of £4.25m for the 17000 ST holders we've had for the past few years. Does that sit nice with total gate receipts in the accounts?

You'd really have to clarify the bit after £250. If you mean others were saying this figure was too low (and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been one of them),then make your own mind up, when I repeat that total match receipts (including any cup income) in 12/13 came in at £5.285m. However,you're not stipulating whether your figure is ex VAT,or VAT inclusive,which can make a big difference.

Going back to your estimate on refunds,I think there's a difference between over estimating and going well OTT. I'm not sure that giving an estimate you believe to be over egged really helps anyone.

Let's get this into context.In 12/13 the income heads you mentioned amounted to just under £11m in total.Now this included a reduced merchandise figure compared to previous years because the 12/13 figure was profit as opposed to turnover,so if I substitute the figure from the year before,the total climbs to just under £12m.

Davenport rightly said that the estimate (including tv) for the current year had been £17.3m prior to the play offs and consequent additional income.However,this income could be ignored for a Prem season for obvious reasons,so again deducting tv income brings the £17.3m down to just under £13m,with a similar adjustment on merchandising bringing it up to just under £14m.

Therefore,to achieve the lower end of the estimate (£90m),other income would have to double.Total match receipts (incl S/Ts) came in at £5.285m in 12/13,and I can tell you now that there's no way we'd hit £10.6m in the Prem,especially with the refunds.Thus the remaining income heads would have to more than double to compensate-a tall order,particularly when we know that a reasonable chunk in the form of naming rights would be unchanged in the Prem.

but this is my point

your looking at figures related to 12/13 in the championship not 13/14 premiership.

Without looking at facts and getting too deep into it, they did mention that commercial revenue is very good this season and improved to where they want it to be,

those figures wouldnt include this just eat, or the stadium deal.

In reality we just dont know and never will, but if thats what sam rush said that he thinks it would be then why would we doubt him, what would he gain from lying??

His answer wasnt in terms of trying to blow his trumpet or big the club up, it was him trying to explain the ffp issue

but this is my point

your looking at figures related to 12/13 in the championship not 13/14 premiership.

Without looking at facts and getting too deep into it, they did mention that commercial revenue is very good this season and improved to where they want it to be,

those figures wouldnt include this just eat, or the stadium deal.

In reality we just dont know and never will, but if thats what sam rush said that he thinks it would be then why would we doubt him, what would he gain from lying??

His answer wasnt in terms of trying to blow his trumpet or big the club up, it was him trying to explain the ffp issue

If you were to look at my post again,although I started with 12/13 I eventually used the current year as my basis for comparison.

Regarding all this financial stuff: does it mean that we're gonna win? Yes or no.

Keep up Grimbeard,we lost.

Are you familiar what kind of money tv rights gives in Championship? Couple peanuts or serious money?

For example Leicester was on telly about every other weekend, as will we next season.

Archived