A Night with the Rams this week

Srg

Are you familiar what kind of money tv rights gives in Championship? Couple peanuts or serious money?

For example Leicester was on telly about every other weekend, as will we next season.

Sorry,no idea,Dimmu.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Championship TV deal is £195m a year from 2012-15.

I guess it will depend on how often you are featured, but if it was split fairly that would be about £8m each team

1 game a week at £2m each per team - means an average of 4 games a season per team - to make the £8m share.

If you are doing well and you end up on 8 times then that would up your figure to £16m

I guess it will depend on how often you are featured, but if it was split fairly that would be about £8m each team

1 game a week at £2m each per team - means an average of 4 games a season per team - to make the £8m share.

If you are doing well and you end up on 8 times then that would up your figure to £16m

I would of thought the money depends on league position like the premier league, rather than matches on tv?

Either would make sense though!

I've previously worked out each Championship club's basic TV income to be roughly £4.908m.

I would of thought the money depends on league position like the premier league, rather than matches on tv?

Either would make sense though!

In the Prem you're rewarded for both.

Which leaves a large chunk of money (£75m) unaccounted for if the Championship TV package is worth £195m a year

Unfortunately that's not the case. :(

It's actually £195m over the whole Football League (£65m per div) split between the 24 clubs (£2.708) plus £2.2m a year Premier League solidarity payments (=£4.908m).

It's actually £195m over the whole Football League (£65m per div) split between the 24 clubs (£2.708) plus £2.2m a year Premier League solidarity payments (=£4.908m).

I've actually just found some more information about the divisional split (that I didn't find previously).

So it may be slightly higher - numbers to follow...

OK - I was going on the dodgy journalism here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/16/premier-league-championship-parachute-payments

that clearly states:

That vastly exceeds the money paid to other Championship clubs competing with them, from the league's own TV deal, which is £195m a year from 2012-15

Which more than implies the league in question is the Championship - of course it should say "from The Football League's own TV deal"

Stupid sub-editor probably changed it

I've actually just found some more information about the divisional split (that I didn't find previously).

So it may be slightly higher - numbers to follow...

In fact I think there's a fair bit of misinformation out there, and pretty much everything we think is wrong.  Journalists are so rubbish with this stuff.

Basically I think £195/yr is totally wrong.  It is actually £195 for the whole three years in total - but the Championship does get the majority of this.

The bottom line is I'll be revising the number down rather than up...

As posted earlier

The total payment to each club is £4m, made up from tv deal and solidarity payment from the prem league.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/16/premier-league-championship-parachute-payments

It gives the figure for each championship club at £4m a year. A figure that ramblur uses in all his calculations.

Yes I saw that - it's just a rough figure, I was trying to give something a bit more precise.  Especially as the source is the guardian which grossly misstated the TV rights deal initially. ;)

Oh and just because this doesn't use up a the TV money doesn't make it wrong , the league will keep some of it for itself.

As far I'm aware all these monies go to the clubs - I haven't seen anything that suggests the league take a slice.

Anyway the final figure that I come up with is £4.451m.  I can show workings if anyone wants it. :ph34r:

I wonder how much we rake in for having injury time sponsored!?!

And 'ball delivery' by DHL.

What's that all about then?

The club must have hundreds of balls, why would they need one delivered?

Call me a cynic but I reckon they just get one out of the cupboard and put it in a DHL box.

Probably just as well as we'd never start on time otherwise.

OK, give me a break, I'm bored... 70 days 21 hours 30 minutes to go...

Yes I saw that - it's just a rough figure, I was trying to give something a bit more precise.  Especially as the source is the guardian which grossly misstated the TV rights deal initially. ;)

As far I'm aware all these monies go to the clubs - I haven't seen anything that suggests the league take a slice.

Anyway the final figure that I come up with is £4.451m.  I can show workings if anyone wants it. :ph34r:

Congratulations Martyn,that's the exact figure that appears in the 12/13 accounts,and which I've been using in calculations.

Archived