Yaya Toure

ramexpat

speaking as a man city fan,interesting to see some comments here,and im here btw bcoz of the man whos name i took,franny,loved him as a kid and when sold to the rams? carried on following him and got rams as second team,back to yaya,for me,get him sold,31 and behaving like a petulant kid? cba with it,hes not bigger than the club,thanks for the input yaya,but either get on with it or go

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yaya Touré claims Manchester City denied him time with ill brother
• Touré says he had to travel to Dubai for title celebrations
• ‘Last four months the hardest of my life,’ reveals midfielder
  • Guardian staff
  •  
  • The Guardian,  Tuesday 24 June 2014 11.49 BST
Yaya-Tour--011Yaya Touré flew to Dubai to take part in Manchester City's end-of-season tour before heading to the World Cup. Photograph: Marwan Naamani/AFP/Getty Images

Yaya Touré has claimed Manchester City denied him the chance to spend time with his brother Ibrahim, who died of cancer last week.

Touré took part in the Premier League champions’ end-of-season tour to Dubai before flying to the World Cup with Ivory Coast while his family tended to Ibrahim in Manchester.

In an interview with France Football, Touré said: “I confess that I am still very sad. I’m suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

“At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.

“I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

“However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline. This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season, because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.”

Relations between City and Touré have been strained of late and the Ivorian midfielder’s assertion will fuel speculation the 31-year-old’s future lies elsewhere.

We know where this is heading. Using the fact that they didn't buy you a birthday card as an excuse to leave a club is one thing, but using your recently deceased brother in the same way is just f**king low. Disgusting. 

Just out of interest and whilst I dislike what money has done to the game,

it would be brilliant if man city just sat him on the bench week in week out refused to sell him and set a precedent...

let him rot and make him an example, even if it cost them £25m surely it would be worth it in the long term, as a player would think twice before being mardy before.......

Pretty sure if they wouldnt let him leave he would of said this at the time rather than make up some bullsh!t about a birthday cake that was proved wrong!!

Go on man city with your billions do something actually useful to world football

Archived