17000 sold out in 54 minutes !!

WystonRam

it's such a shame that it has had to work out like this. I, like many others on here have had to watch some crap derby performances over the past few years,

Its the fans who have endured the rubbish are the ones who've missed out on tickets  :(

This don't make sense on any level.. 'Its the fans who have endured the rubbish are the ones who've missed out on tickets'

WTF have the rest of us been watching then? You some sort of special minority or something?

I driven round this country following MY club for years now.. Most of the time we get in the car and say what do you reckon... Normally, especially away, it's been all doom and gloom. We never gave up though... Then things changed and here we are.

I don't have a season ticket but I do pay for a membership and I too have watched some right crap. I did not miss out!!

Maybe it's the fans who endured the rubbish and then gave up?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched crap and great performances since my Dad took me along to the BBG in the 70's for my first game, season ticket since 84-85. Personally I do not care how we play, who goes to more games etc..

WE ARE ALL DERBY... COYR !!!!!!!!

it's such a shame that it has had to work out like this. I, like many others on here have had to watch some crap derby performances over the past few years,

Its the fans who have endured the rubbish are the ones who've missed out on tickets  :(

Not entirely true, it's a fair proportion of the bloody fans who turned their backs on the club who missed out on tickets. Anyone who stuck with the team, bought a season ticket or even a 6 game plan was guaranteed one. Just because you post on a message board doesn't add to your entitlement.

My sympathies lie with those who live overseas who possibly get over once or twice a season and who were unlucky after 9:00 this morning, nobody else.

That just about sums it up. QPR divs on the internet yesterday, bragging about how they'd sold 27 and we'd sold 20- totally unaware of the fact that up till Friday we couldn't sell any more than 20, whilst all their ST holders were entitled to a 'plus 1' from day1. And now having to bulls*** about buying tickets in our end...

Some mug said they should turn it into 'a home game' for them.....well by my reckoning that would mean them sending 22,000 tickets back.

I do sometimes wonder whether some of your forum members actually read other posts. KEEP AWAY FROM WATRB, unless you get kicks from mocking those who are mentally challenged.

I have not seen anyone say you wouldnt sell out. You are a massive club compared to us, and like many massive clubs could sell wembley out all by yourselves.

We will probably sell out, with tickets now being made available to members (phase 3) and tomorrow is Phase 4 where season ticket holders and member s can buy 2  tickets. Should there be any left then they will probably go on general sale on Monday. 

I doubt very much, given that season ticket holders and members are guaranteed a ticket as well as the chance to buy two, that anyone would be trying to get into your end. Of course, it did mean that I had to think about the possibility... didnt take me very long to rule it out. How about you?

This don't make sense on any level.. 'Its the fans who have endured the rubbish are the ones who've missed out on tickets'

WTF have the rest of us been watching then? You some sort of special minority or something?

I driven round this country following MY club for years now.. Most of the time we get in the car and say what do you reckon... Normally, especially away, it's been all doom and gloom. We never gave up though... Then things changed and here we are.

I don't have a season ticket but I do pay for a membership and I too have watched some right crap. I did not miss out!!

Maybe it's the fans who endured the rubbish and then gave up?

Not entirely true, it's a fair proportion of the bloody fans who turned their backs on the club who missed out on tickets. Anyone who stuck with the team, bought a season ticket or even a 6 game plan was guaranteed one. Just because you post on a message board doesn't add to your entitlement.

My sympathies lie with those who live overseas who possibly get over once or twice a season and who were unlucky after 9:00 this morning, nobody else.

Oh you guys think i missed out?

Nah i've been a season ticket holder for many years and i'm going next saturday. Just dissapointed that some people i know haven't got one and they've stuck by the club through thick and thin 

Oh you guys think i missed out?

Nah i've been a season ticket holder for many years and i'm going next saturday. Just dissapointed that some people i know haven't got one and they've stuck by the club through thick and thin

No fella I could see from other threads you had a ticket... It's just your post did not make sense.

There were always going to be people who missed out and I admit that today's sales took me by surprise.

If anything I think the club may have made an error in letting ST holders etc buy more tickets today. I would have let those with customer numbers have until Monday to get theirs and then opened it up to all.

Gutted for ANY a Derby fan to miss out, whatever the circumstance.

No fella I could see from other threads you had a ticket... It's just your post did not make sense.

There were always going to be people who missed out and I admit that today's sales took me by surprise.

If anything I think the club may have made an error in letting ST holders etc buy more tickets today. I would have let those with customer numbers have until Monday to get theirs and then opened it up to all.

Gutted for ANY a Derby fan to miss out, whatever the circumstance.

yeah i agree I think some ST holders take it for granted 

Love how people are still pretending to be offended at being called something they haven't been called.

Are you calling me a glory hunter because I don't go to games?

No, I'm calling people who have shown little to no interest in Derby for 5 years. And Liverpool fans who now have Derby as their "second team"

So I'm a glory supporter because I haven't got a season ticket?

No, you read match reports, listen to the radio, watch us on Ramsplayer, read on here, watch dodgy streams, feel the ups and downs. You don't need to go to games to be a Ram.

Oh I see, so I'm a glory hunter then because this game is my first.

No.

You think you're a better fan than me because you go to games?

It's incredible hard work. Anyway, I hope the emotional journey and lows are worth it to Redcar when he's sat watching it on Sky while Liverpool and Chelsea fans go. Just hope they sit next to someone who can explain why Will Hughes isn't flying down the wing and scoring a hattrick.

yeah i agree I think some ST holders take it for granted 

I had someone who I used to consider a friend say something similar to me on another message board this afternoon - basically "…as long as Eddie got one he doesn't care about anybody else". He can think that way if he wants to - it's no skin off my nose any more.

I missed out last time we were at Wembley, despite being a season ticket holder. It's tough, but nobody has a divine right to go. All you can do is try to maximise your chances - like buy a six game plan this season if you haven't signed up for a full blown season ticket for next season. It was pretty obvious that there would be a prioritisation.

I agree that letting season ticket holders have second dibs today was probably an error - I think too that allowing people to buy 2 tickets per customer number this time around was also an error. Only with the benefit of hindsight though. 37,000 is an awful lot of tickets - 4,000 more than our ground's capacity.

Wonder if Jill Gallone's got a ticket?

Well the Brewers are off to Wembley themselves, so no doubt she'll be off to see them, and probably grumbling about the new glory hunting Burton fans

She won't go to see either as Nigel isn't the manager

The irony is that last time we were at Wembley there was a contest to see who had qued the longest throught the night when the tickets went on general.

Now it's about my heart and ability to get to matches before today is bigger than yours so I'm a better fan bla bla bla.

Who has the right to think they are a better fan than any other!

I got my tickets as I'm a 'new' season ticket holder for next season with my kids.

I've Not had a season ticket for a few years due to money. Had one for 15 years before then.

I gave my numbers to my uncles and friend to try this morning. One uncle has been to Afganistan this year, not been to a game, is he less of a supporter? He didn't get tickets.

My other uncle lives on the south coast and for monetary reasons can't get to matches in derby.

He didn't get a ticket, is he less of a fan than you?

My mate is a Norwich fan, but his 14 year old lad is a Derby season ticket holder. They got tickets. Is my mate supposed to let his lad go to London with 80,000 football fans in 'hope' he will be ok? Maybe, but if you were him and something happened to your lad how would you feel??

We all love to judge, sometimes though we seem to want to criticise our own when the 10000 tickets that club Wembley and the FA keep for themselves wod be a better target!

The irony is that last time we were at Wembley there was a contest to see who had qued the longest throught the night when the tickets went on general.

Now it's about my heart and ability to get to matches before today is bigger than yours so I'm a better fan bla bla bla.

Who has the right to think they are a better fan than any other!

I got my tickets as I'm a 'new' season ticket holder for next season with my kids.

I've Not had a season ticket for a few years due to money. Had one for 15 years before then.

I gave my numbers to my uncles and friend to try this morning. One uncle has been to Afganistan this year, not been to a game, is he less of a supporter? He didn't get tickets.

My other uncle lives on the south coast and for monetary reasons can't get to matches in derby.

He didn't get a ticket, is he less of a fan than you?

My mate is a Norwich fan, but his 14 year old lad is a Derby season ticket holder. They got tickets. Is my mate supposed to let his lad go to London with 80,000 football fans in 'hope' he will be ok? Maybe, but if you were him and something happened to your lad how would you feel??

We all love to judge, sometimes though we seem to want to criticise our own when the 10000 tickets that club Wembley and the FA keep for themselves wod be a better target!

Under 16s have to be accompanied by an adult lol

The best solution for most people would be to fook the play offs raite off and the top 3 go up automatically.

The money saved on tickets and transport would probably pay for a week all inclusive in Majorca.

Better than daveo's idea anyway......

I was on the tintoweb from 8:20am waiting for the link to appear... already got our tickets sat in the cupboard at home but was doing this as a favour to some friends who have been going absolutely years but got disillusioned with where the club was going 2 seasons ago.

The point I'm making is some of the people I got tickets for have been going to Derby matches for over 40 years yet according to some on here they are fair weather or glory fans because they want to see us at Wembley?

They were supporting us when the ground was chained shut so I think this whole 'I had a season ticket this is for me not those who don't have a season ticket' brigade needs to have a quiet word with themselves!

Some people where always going to miss out (which is a massive shame). The problems I have are with the d!ckheads who openly support Manu/ Other big team yet have wrangled a ticket to see this at the expense of a true Derby fan who have Derby as their only team not some pet project to watch when UTD aren't playing.

Anyway on a more positive note - what fantastic support! 6 more sleeps to gooooooooo

100% agree duck from a fellow Ilsoner.

Eddie

- The guys I got tickets for were in the mindset that 'We really want to go but we understand that we haven't had a season ticket for 2 seasons so if we don't get tickets it will be disappointing but we understand there are more deserving fans than us who have been more regularly' 

They still listen to every game on the radio and watch the highlights every week and read the match reports and read through forums etc so they didn't exactly 'disappear' from the support they just decided that having a season ticket was too expensive of a hobby for what they were seeing each week. I can't blame them for that and I assumed they might have renewed for next now Clough is gone but I'm not privvy to anyone's finances etc.

I agree that the club did everything they could to guarantee regular spectators a ticket! You only had to go to six games all season as long as it was part of a plan to be guaranteed a ticket. 

I do think that it was ridiculous to give us season ticket holders the opportunity to buy TWO more come generasl sale, one more should have sufficed.

And finally I hope anyone who sells a ticket at above face value (including postage) are banned from going to DCFC games for the foreseeable future! It's nothing short of taking advantage of someone's desperation

I do think that it was ridiculous to give us season ticket holders the opportunity to buy TWO more come generasl sale, one more should have sufficed.

I agree with this. It is just about the only part of this play off final ticket stuff that I think they got wrong. I went on line and got two tickets for me and her, when they went on sale on Tues. I didn't then try and buy more on Saturday. Curious as to what happens to these tickets that season ticket holders bought on saturday. Are these being given to people who have no customer number?

Archived