17000 sold out in 54 minutes !!

WystonRam

I think the priority of tickets could have been a little more giving to those that have been more often. Something that's happened with a couple of my mates shows how cruel and unfair General Sale can be.

I regularly ask one mate; "are you coming today?" "No, I've got better things to do."

The other mate regularly commutes to games from Sheffield Uni.

You can probably guess which mate got a ticket and which mate didn't.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on the tintoweb from 8:20am waiting for the link to appear... already got our tickets sat in the cupboard at home but was doing this as a favour to some friends who have been going absolutely years but got disillusioned with where the club was going 2 seasons ago.

The point I'm making is some of the people I got tickets for have been going to Derby matches for over 40 years yet according to some on here they are fair weather or glory fans because they want to see us at Wembley?

They were supporting us when the ground was chained shut so I think this whole 'I had a season ticket this is for me not those who don't have a season ticket' brigade needs to have a quiet word with themselves!

Some people where always going to miss out (which is a massive shame). The problems I have are with the d!ckheads who openly support Manu/ Other big team yet have wrangled a ticket to see this at the expense of a true Derby fan who have Derby as their only team not some pet project to watch when UTD aren't playing.

Anyway on a more positive note - what fantastic support! 6 more sleeps to gooooooooo

Spot on....

I was on the tintoweb from 8:20am waiting for the link to appear... already got our tickets sat in the cupboard at home but was doing this as a favour to some friends who have been going absolutely years but got disillusioned with where the club was going 2 seasons ago. 

The point I'm making is some of the people I got tickets for have been going to Derby matches for over 40 years yet according to some on here they are fair weather or glory fans because they want to see us at Wembley? 

They were supporting us when the ground was chained shut so I think this whole 'I had a season ticket this is for me not those who don't have a season ticket' brigade needs to have a quiet word with themselves! 

Some people where always going to miss out (which is a massive shame). The problems I have are with the d!ckheads who openly support Manu/ Other big team yet have wrangled a ticket to see this at the expense of a true Derby fan who have Derby as their only team not some pet project to watch when UTD aren't playing. 

Anyway on a more positive note - what fantastic support! 6 more sleeps to gooooooooo 

Why did they not start going again after September 2013 - or say after the 7-match winning run in November and December when it was quite obvious that something special was unfurling?

Why, if they only stopped going 2 years ago, didn't they have a customer number of their own?

No faith, no customer number, no ticket. Sorry, but that's how it is. People could have bought a 6-game plan in January, they could have forked out for a season ticket for next season - both would have guaranteed a ticket for Wembley, but the only thing they wanted a Wembley ticket. Did they go to the Brighton match?

Sounds like glory-hunting to me - they are very fortunate to have you as a friend. I hope they appreciate the efforts you have gone to on their behalf when next season they can't be bothered again.

Ilson, I haven't read every post but I don't think that I have read any season ticket holder suggest that 'this is for me not those who don't have a season ticket'.

Those of us who are lucky enough to be able to afford to fork out for an ST do so for a number of reasons I would think, prime among them being priority for tickets for big matches (although away members get higher priority still). Personally I think that's fair, especially when there is a huge demand. 'Twas ever thus.

This thread has often been about those who, for one reason or another, don't go to many/any matches but still refer to themselves as Rams fans and want tickets for the big matches. There I agree with you. But it has always been like that and I'm not sure there's an easy way around it. I really hesitate to call someone flying from Australia, or Spain, or Germany to see the Rams at Wembley a glory hunter, even if it's the only match they see all season, so long as they are Rams supporters. There are lots of reasons why people can't watch the team they love regularly, or at all.

It's the ones that support other teams but just want a trip to Wembley that irritate me.

I think the priority of tickets could have been a little more giving to those that have been more often. Something that's happened with a couple of my mates shows how cruel and unfair General Sale can be.

I regularly ask one mate; "are you coming today?" "No, I've got better things to do."

Glory hunters

it's such a shame that it has had to work out like this. I, like many others on here have had to watch some crap derby performances over the past few years,

Its the fans who have endured the rubbish are the ones who've missed out on tickets  :(

SillyBilly

I get easily wound up by QPR fans, they say it's only because QPR fans started buying tickets in the derby end

If i see a QPR fan in the derby end i'd strike them straight in the midriff 

As football forums go, QPR's represent some of the most brain dead out the lot. If we'd have 2 per STH/members we'd have been scrambling over scraps this morning. Their ego has been massaged by allowing their small ST base to outbuy Derby's. The balance was restored this morning when we cleared the lot in 54 mins. Nothing against QPR but some of the comments on their boards are ridiculous, we'd outsell QPR in big games like this 2:1 AND on their home patch. I had 3 phones on the go and still ticketless.

As football forums go, QPR's represent some of the most brain dead out the lot. If we'd have 2 per STH/members we'd have been scrambling over scraps this morning. Their ego has been massaged by allowing their small ST base to outbuy Derby's. The balance was restored this morning when we cleared the lot in 54 mins. Nothing against QPR but some of the comments on their boards are ridiculous, we'd outsell QPR in big games like this 2:1 AND on their home patch. I had 3 phones on the go and still ticketless.

Agrre it does make you laugh watching QPR bigging themselves up. As far as I can see they're slugging it out with Brentford and Orient for the capitals third smallest club title  :lol:

Glory hunter*

There are two of them aren't there? If they have missed a game in the last 30 years for any other reason than serious injury, then they are glory hunters. We don't want their sort round here cheering the team on and singing and that.

They should go and support someone less likely to get to Wembley. Like Man Utd. 

There are two of them aren't there? If they have missed a game in the last 30 years for any other reason than serious injury, then they are glory hunters. We don't want their sort round here cheering the team on and singing and that.

They should go and support someone less likely to get to Wembley. Like Man Utd.

I think you've misunderstood me.

One goes to games regularly though he's not a season ticket holder because of Uni work, he commutes all the way from Sheffield, he hasn't been able to get a ticket.

The other can't be arsed to go to games, he's said that out right, he doesn't even watch us on TV, not even the Forest game. He's got a ticket.

Justify that.

I think you've misunderstood me.

One goes to games regularly though he's not a season ticket holder because of Uni work, he commutes all the way from Sheffield, he hasn't been able to get a ticket.

The other can't be arsed to go to games, he's said that out right, he doesn't even watch us on TV, not even the Forest game. He's got a ticket.

Justify that.

I don't seek to justify anything except that the term 'glory hunter' is preposterous.

Archived