Any particular pub(s) that rams fans are going to pack out AFTER match?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you on commission...!?

Not really - I just spread the love.

A few years ago when the Porterhouse just had 5 pubs (the one in London, 3 in Dublin and one in Bray) I was chatting to Liam Lahart (the owner of the brewery) in Porterhouse Central on Nassau Street in Dublin. He told me at that time that he'd never heard of anyone visiting all their pubs in the same day, so I took that as a challenge.

The missus, my son and I set off from Bristol one Easter Monday, got the bus to London, had a beer in the Porterhouse Covent Garden, then out to Heathrow, flew to Dublin, popped into the Porterhouse North at Glasnevin for a jar, bus into town, met some pals for one in the Porterhouse Temple Bar, walked around to Porterhouse Central, had dinner with friends there, then got the bus down to Bray where we stayed at the Porterhouse Inn.

We had a fantastic 5 nights there before returning back to the UK on the Saturday. On leaving Bray, I enquired about the hotel bill (we had the best rooms in the house with patio looking out over the sea).

No charge.

Couldn't do the 'all the pubs' crawl now. A couple of years ago they opened one in New York, and have now got others in Ireland.

Not really - I just spread the love.

A few years ago when the Porterhouse just had 5 pubs (the one in London, 3 in Dublin and one in Bray) I was chatting to Liam Lahart (the owner of the brewery) in Porterhouse Central on Nassau Street in Dublin. He told me at that time that he'd never heard of anyone visiting all their pubs in the same day, so I took that as a challenge.

The missus, my son and I set off from Bristol one Easter Monday, got the bus to London, had a beer in the Porterhouse Covent Garden, then out to Heathrow, flew to Dublin, popped into the Porterhouse North at Glasnevin for a jar, bus into town, met some pals for one in the Porterhouse Temple Bar, walked around to Porterhouse Central, had dinner with friends there, then got the bus down to Bray where we stayed at the Porterhouse Inn.

We had a fantastic 5 nights there before returning back to the UK on the Saturday. On leaving Bray, I enquired about the hotel bill (we had the best rooms in the house with patio looking out over the sea).

No charge.

Couldn't do the 'all the pubs' crawl now. A couple of years ago they opened one in New York, and have now got others in Ireland.

Nice work son...! sounds like a top bloke indeed.

think he will foot the bill for us on Friday and Saturday....because if the result goes the way we know it will....it could be a sizeable bill indeed!

Nice work son...! sounds like a top bloke indeed.think he will foot the bill for us on Friday and Saturday....because if the result goes the way we know it will....it could be a sizeable bill indeed!

I doubt Liam will be there - probably in Dublin, getting the Belgian beer festival sorted out.

Bus stops at Birmingham, Hill Street 02:30am

......chance for a sing song at the Zulus, and to chuck some pies at Late Kick Off.

Bus stops at Preston, Bus Station 04:35am

......chance for a sing song regarding Billy Davies

Bus stops at Glasgow, Buchannan Bus Station 07:50am 

...chance for a sing song regarding Ted McMinn

Bus stops at Perth, Broxden Park and Ride 09:35am

.........chance for a sing song regarding "Oh Billy Davies he's a horses @rse"

Bus stops at Dundee, Seagate Bus Station 10:10am

..........chance to sing a song about Ravenelli and stick our shirts over our heads

Bus finaly stops at Aberdeen, Bus Station 11:35am

.........chance for the pub 6 Degrees North to open, that sells 365 different Belgium Beers.

As for The Driver he'll be singing his head off with the Aberdeenshire Rams.....

"Oh Billy Davies, he's such a fu##ing penis, Billy Davies he's a horses @rse"......sing up at the back!

Jesus H!

I hope to fvck none of you has a heart attack on the way back: they'll have to beat your liver to death with a fvckin stick.

in '07 we went to the globe at Baker Street. I've been to webley a few times for NFL games and always seem to go to baker street so I'm hoping to go somewhere else this time and the Green Man seems to be most popular going by this thread. That said, I'm with a group of 12 so will end up going with the majority

• 2 weeks later...

So where did everyone go?

A couple of the Aberdeenshire Rams went to the Porterhouse, Covent Garden, did you go eddie & MuespachRam?

We took our beer outside and faced a massive mob of Chelsea boys. Not what we really needed.

We sipped up and then headed to meet the others in a Cask Ale pub in Farringdon, which was nice and quiet and relaxing for the rest of the evening before heading off to Angel for the Crocodiles gig, which finished us off for the day before catching a taxi to Victoria, driven by a Millwall boy, who said we should of won etc.

Would I be right in saying everyclub at Wembley over the weekend that sat in the West side, in the shade, lost? 

I did enjoy the Rochdale comeback and penalty win, and laughed at the Rochdale manager running down the touchline holding his trousers up and what was he doing when they won, he held his scrunched up tie in his mouth with one hand whilst holding his trousers with the other, marvellous!!!

We didn't go anywhere after the game. Back to the hotel to watch the champions league final and then to bed.

Probably would have nipped into the pubs if we had won haha. Wasn't in the mood.

Wen to covent garden-pinch and just for a bit then porterhouse and some others around there.

Great night actually....amazingly enough.

Did you try the Wrasslers XXXX stout?

Archived