The time draws nearer . . .

Derbados

well ladies and gents, here we go, one more sleep. By this time tomorrow we will have a good indication of where we stand and maybe just maybe be one step closer to Wembley. Its been an up and down season, a season that many of us never saw coming and some of the football i have seen i have felt privileged to watch. This was also my first season on this forum and it has made this season that much more enjoyable. The butterflies in my stomach are doing somersaults the likes of which are only reserved for the twice a season we play Forest. No matter what happens from this point on, this season has been the most enjoyable i can remember and i thoroughly look forward to next season - no matter what division we're in! Good luck everyone

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more . . . 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose given the season we have had.

Given that our record points tally would be enough for automatic promotion in most seasons.

Given that we are 12 and 13 points clear of 5th and 6th.

.... a defeat in either the semis or the final of the playoffs would be really disappointing.

Looking on the bright side though, if we do fail to go up, at least it means Im confident we should have another sucessful season next year where we are challenging at the right end of the table.

Makes a nice change from the season upon season of inconsistant frustrating performances under Clough.

I suppose given the season we have had.

Given that our record points tally would be enough for automatic promotion in most seasons.

Given that we are 12 and 13 points clear of 5th and 6th.

.... a defeat in either the semis or the final of the playoffs would be really disappointing.

Looking on the bright side though, if we do fail to go up, at least it means Im confident we should have another sucessful season next year where we are challenging at the right end of the table.

Makes a nice change from the season upon season of inconsistant frustrating performances under Clough.

We wouldn't have had such a great season without Clough's brilliance at spotting and nurturing talented footballers who cost fck all. All hail Sir Nige.....

Complacency.

Never a good thing. You better not have jinxed us desertram, I'll hunt you down with a pitchfork!

I'm already sweating like Stuart Hall in a playground and there's still 12 hours to go. Last night I dreamt we had Barnsley in the play offs and lost 2-1. Hendrick scored a beauty for us, but Granty was sent off.

I'm too busy panicking that the tickets won't arrive in the post this morning. When they come I'll have the capacity to go into excited terror about the game! If they don't arrive I'll be screaming down the phone at someone!

I'm too busy panicking that the tickets won't arrive in the post this morning. When they come I'll have the capacity to go into excited terror about the game! If they don't arrive I'll be screaming down the phone at someone!

Don't worry mate duplicates can be picked up from the club shop. there is an away ticket collection at the rear of the shop. I am picking mine up there tonight...

Don't worry mate duplicates can be picked up from the club shop. there is an away ticket collection at the rear of the shop. I am picking mine up there tonight...

Do you mean the Derby club shop or the Brighton one? As I'm in Bournemouth , the former would be a bit tricky!

I'm looking forward to the Derby chants this evening given Brighton's policy on whats acceptable  :rolleyes:

any suggestions....

Does your significant other know you're here?

We can see you holding hands, and that's okay because this is a tolerant society...

Its peeing it down atm, so......

Raindrops keep falling on your head.......or Singing in the rain......etc.....

A UKIP councillor has blamed the recent storms and heavy floods across Britain on the Government's decision to legalise gay marriage.

David Silvester said the prime minister had acted "arrogantly against the Gospel".

In a letter to his local paper he said he had warned David Cameron the legislation would result in "disaster".

Mr Silvester, from Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire, defected from the Tories in protest at Mr Cameron's support for same-sex unions.

In the letter to the Henley Standard he wrote: "The scriptures make it abundantly clear that a Christian nation that abandons its faith and acts contrary to the Gospel (and in naked breach of a coronation oath) will be beset by natural disasters such as storms, disease, pestilence and war."

Archived