Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May of already been mentioned before but what about Max Gradel?

Knows the league and looking for a move - is he consistent and focused enough?

I'd go for him. Thought I read he was close to a move to Bournemouth about a week ago.

There is no point suggesting CMs or LBs or GKs for that matter.

Outstanding CB, back up CF, a RB or a winger. They're the only positions we would look at. 

Nick Powell can play anywhere from CM to ST and probably on the wings so he could be a useful player for us. Gradel is a winger so would fit our style also.

Bad news that Ulloa deal. Brighton looks strong and with 7 mills they can strenghten even more.

Not just how much money you have to spend that's important -how you spend it is crucial. They could waste it as we have done in the past (eg

Bad news that Ulloa deal. Brighton looks strong and with 7 mills they can strenghten even more.

I reckon they would have been stronger keeping Ulloa. If it takes 11 million to buy McCormack- a proven striker from this league then I imagine they'll have to gamble on another foreign striker which tends to be a risk, especially if you're paying 3 mil+

I reckon they would have been stronger keeping Ulloa. If it takes 11 million to buy McCormack- a proven striker from this league then I imagine they'll have to gamble on another foreign striker which tends to be a risk, especially if you're paying 3 mil+

So you wouldn't sold him for 7?

Martin scored much more than Ulloa but was free so there's bargains out there, foreign or not. Ulloa for example cost them about 2 millions. You can have few of those with that kind of transfer fee.

So you wouldn't sold him for 7?

Martin scored much more than Ulloa but was free so there's bargains out there, foreign or not. Ulloa for example cost them about 2 millions. You can have few of those with that kind of transfer fee.

My point was that Ulloa is already settled and scoring in this division. As shown so far in this transfer window, it costs a lot more than that to buy a consistent striker from this divison.

It would be like us selling Martin for 7 million. Yes, it's a lot of money but without him I honestly could not see us getting promoted as he's got proven chemistry with the squad and has demonstrated he can score a fair few at this level as well.

Archived