Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sign Thorne and tejada as soon as possible.

Save £8m on McCormack and buy Thorne (£1.75m), Wisdom (£2m), Shackell (1.5m), Tejeda (£750k), and a £1m striker?

Wouldn't sign Thorne and Tejeda. One or t'other.

Why would we need 3 players competing for one position unless Tejeda can play full back, as many holding midfielders can (and do).

We need someone who can inject a bit more pace and dynamism into our wing play; explosive pace to hit a team on the break with a quick counter attack. 

Theo Robinson? In all seriousness, what about Ryo Miyaichi? We were linked with him before in January.

Burke's past it now, would be a step back from Ward. We need someone who can inject a bit more pace and dynamism into our wing play; explosive pace to hit a team on the break with a quick counter attack.

We really don't struggle in that area, you only needed to see the Brighton away game to know how good we can be at that.

We need someone who's a 'Beckham type winger'. Don't have to be particularly fast or agile but can put in a killer cross or free-kick for someone to latch on to. We didn't score too many from corners or free-kicks last campaign as it isn't our style, which is fair enough because our style clearly is extremely effective but if we were to improve/tweak the attack in anyway that's the sort of player I'd get in.

Andy Reid is a close example of this, Forest had very little attacking prowess but he managed to dig them out of holes with a decent shot or cross. I guess our equivalent was Bamford.

Save £8m on McCormack and buy Thorne (£1.75m), Wisdom (£2m), Shackell (1.5m), Tejeda (£750k), and a £1m striker?

I think you're a bit off here.

Thorne will go for no less than 2 million and for Wisdom you're probably looking at 2.5 upwards.

Shackell's a ridiculous suggestion, wouldn't leave Burnley now he's their PL captain, would he?

Wouldn't need Tejeda if we had Thorne, would just seem like a waste as he most likely wouldn't play. Eustace is a perfect alternative to Thorne, great back-up and a steady influence on the team. Also, how would we get rid of him? He's retiring at the end of the year, why on earth would anyone want him.

I expect we'll spend less than 1 million on a striker, but we'll see. The ST and the CB are the two with the greatest number of possible applicants.

I don't know if it's true or not but I've heard through some friends that we are supposedly looking at Jamie Paterson? I have mixed feelings if I'm honest due to the Forest connections but he seems like he would be a good player for the future?

I don't know if it's true or not but I've heard through some friends that we are supposedly looking at Jamie Paterson? I have mixed feelings if I'm honest due to the Forest connections but he seems like he would be a good player for the future?

Not a chance. Someone is taking the piss, I think.

I know you're new on here mate, but this is a ridiculous post.

Let's be honest though, this would be the low key, not too expensive,half decent striker that all the punters are talking about?

He's not a striker, certainly not a target man, probably overpriced and certainly wouldn't be low key. Poor fit for Derby. Just not a chance.

We really don't struggle in that area, you only needed to see the Brighton away game to know how good we can be at that.

We need someone who's a 'Beckham type winger'. Don't have to be particularly fast or agile but can put in a killer cross or free-kick for someone to latch on to. We didn't score too many from corners or free-kicks last campaign as it isn't our style, which is fair enough because our style clearly is extremely effective but if we were to improve/tweak the attack in anyway that's the sort of player I'd get in.

Andy Reid is a close example of this, Forest had very little attacking prowess but he managed to dig them out of holes with a decent shot or cross. I guess our equivalent was Bamford.

I suppose we also have Russell as well who is pretty rapid. I agree we should be more of a threat from set pieces and crosses.

I like him but he's just signed for some German team about a month ago.

Matthew Leckie. Yeah, think he would be a nice fit here but doubt we'd be able to prise him away so soon.

Adam Taggart might be decent as cover for Martin though. 18 goals in 44 games for Newcastle Jets and he's only 21.

Archived