Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn manager Gary Bowyer wants to sign Manchester United defender Michael Keane on a permanent basis after a successful loan spell with Rovers.

The England Under-21 international, 21, spent the final two months of the 2013-14 campaign at Ewood Park, making 13 appearances and scoring three goals.

"The lad is Premier League for me - he's got that quality," Bowyer toldBBC Radio Lancashire.

"He's a Manchester United player and they've got a new manager."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27585879

Worth a punt, no?

Really? I think we need 3 players... a RB, a DM and a goal-scoring winger... Or rather what we need is direct replacements for the loan players... since we were pretty bloody good this season with the team we have... Legzdins was always going hence the signing of Roos... Coutts will be very decent CM backup... Bennett to provide basic cover on the wing... sign up Eustace for another year and bring in Whitbread for cover at CB... Anyway... I trust Macca so just gonna sit back and see what happens...

I think so yes. The team has done well, and agree the loan players need replacing. But what bout fodder such as sammon? What I something happens 2 martin? Due you really have confidence in our centre backs? We have nothing after those 2, dont get me wrong, we have done exceptional, but the squad as a whole needs boosting, with 5-6 players plus additional 3-4 players to start.

With regards to Harry Maguire.

Three full seasons in professional football. Three Sheffield United Player of the Year trophies. Three PFA Team of the Year slots.

He is a no-brainer signing for me. As I said, every time I've watched him I've always thought he is brilliant.

This would be my squad for next season...

Grant

Roos

Fozzy

Parr (free)

Reid (free)

Taveneir (free)

Maguire (shef u)

Whitbread (free)

Keogh

Buxton

Thorne (wba)

Hendrick

Eustace

Bryson

Hughes

(new playmaker)

Ward

Russell

Dawkins

(10-15 goal a season winger)

Martin

(New stk as back up)

This wouldnt cost an arm and a leg, get rid of cloughies deadwood and with this squad we will be challenging for the title! COYR!

This would be my squad for next season...

Grant

Roos

Fozzy

Parr (free)

Reid (free)

Taveneir (free)

Maguire (shef u)

Whitbread (free)

Keogh

Buxton

Thorne (wba)

Hendrick

Eustace

Bryson

Hughes

(new playmaker)

Ward

Russell

Dawkins

(10-15 goal a season winger)

Martin

(New stk as back up)

This wouldnt cost an arm and a leg, get rid of cloughies deadwood and with this squad we will be challenging for the title! COYR!

I like the sound of him, does he have a first name?

He sounds Dutch.  :ph34r:

Leicester are working on bringing in the likes of Cardoza and Fraizer Campbell. Does that mean Nugent will be pushed out of the team? He would really help our push for the premier league.

as cover for Martin?

Re DM - on the occassions that I've seen Brighton this/last season Rohan Ince has looked particularly impressive.

Pacey, muscular, decent tecnical ability.

If the unthinkable happened and we missed out on Thorne, he could fit the bill. 

Archived