Brighton

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I like Derby too, as you say a proper football club, unlike a club in south London that have goal music, a drummer, Ultras singing nicked songs, silly displays which looks like 2 willies and you call us plastic ?, words fail me. If you knew the truth of 'poogate' lets just say your club might look even worse than they do now.

Sorry Derby to use your message board but when silly little chavs invade with stupid comments, then we will respond, they are just jealous as we have 10k more fans than then and they must be 'plastic', we used to get 30k in the 70/80's which was more that Palace, but they forget that. Enjoy tonight, well not too much.

Dear me, where to start with that lot eh? I'm not sure that I am a "chav", though I confess I don't walk around sporting a Barbour jacket nor wear a jumper knotted round my shoulders like you Quentins do. This is football, the working man's game, though I appreciate the vast majority of customers at the Amex are new to all this. Couldn't even sell out your old 7000 capacity for years, but a shiny new stadium and padded seats and Giles and Tarquin have gleefully signed up for their season tickets at the Amex, all on direct debit naturally. They still support their main Premiership team of course, but they enjoy a bit of local "footy", even if they all stream out every week on 80 minutes like a fire drill has gone off.

Your support is, quite genuinely, ****. The clackers you had distributed for your game against us (the one where we murdered you on your own pitch, in the biggest game between our two clubs in our collective history) has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. You even printed the words to your own club anthem on them, because most of your newbies don't know the words and the previous attempt to put the words up karaoke style on your big screen had been understandably laughed at by everyone.

Our atmosphere, on the other hand, is authentic and fan driven. You can find countless examples of neutrals commending it, while poor old Brighton with their mass walk outs and "it's the poor acoustics of the Amex" excuses can only look on in awe, trying to console themselves with bitter words.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/steven-beacom/fan-power-does-count-just-ask-tony-pulis-30253944.html

The "truth" of Poogate? The truth is that you filthy ******** shat on the floor of your own stadium. It really is that simple. We then went out and massacred you 2-0 en route to the premiership.

As for attendances, not really something I'm interested in I've never believed we were superior to clubs who get smaller attendances than us, nor inferior to those who get more. But I do find it curious how Brighton's attendance obsession only started with your move to the Amex. Your frequent inability to sell out the Withdean (7000) or the Goldstone (even at it's reduced 10,000 capacity) apparently to be ignored. For the record, if you really want to go down that road, our attendance stats over our respective histories are also far number yours, with palace having had higher attendances than Brighton for much more of the time, but I must stress I don't think it makes us better than you.

I think it's the 28 consecutive seasons of bragging rights that does that :)

Do us a favour Derby fans, and keep the knitted cardies wearing Amex customers in the championship.

The "truth" of Poogate? The truth is that you filthy ******** shat on the floor of your own stadium. It really is that simple. We then went out and massacred you 2-0 en route to the premiership.

Is Robbie Savage a Brighton fan then?

Got to say I have a soft spot for the 'Eagles'. An old mate of mine (sadly now deceased) actually owned a house that overlooked Selhurst Park. He still had a season ticket though, supporter through thick and thin, mainly thin in those days it has to be said. Malcolm Allison ring any bells? :lol:

Ever watched wrestling? Remember how Brett The Hitman Hart would get battered but stage a startling comeback to win it?

Don't rule out the Brighton supporter. Just needs the fans to do that clapping thing they did for Ultimate Warrior

Clap clap clap clap

Clap clap clap clap

Clap clap clap clap

Clapclapclapclap

Clapclapclapclap

Brighton fan here. Good away performance from you but still trying to work out what was worse, our challenge for your penalty or the ref who missed two if not three penalties.

As for the palace fan (or the drummer boys as they are known for their love of banging drums at games) rant well lets look at the facts:-

1. Brighton have a major trophy (Charity Shield a long way ago). Palace have nothing oh sory the auto windscreen Zenith Cup or something, bit no proper trophy and unlike us never been Champions of England.

2. Fans. Well palace fans choose to take drums to football, have kiddies dressed in black called Ultras, they need premier league football to double heir gates (what was it in the championship, 14000 gates with giving away tickets and two for one deals). As fans they love to prance around to goal music and choose to bang drums like a Reading or some such club. With this backdrop they latch onto a marketing gimick not asked for by the fans but the fans at palace choose to bang a drum.

3. Would palace have survived as a club if they had lost a ground and placed 140 mile round trip to finish second from bottom of football league? Not a snowball chance in hell, they dont even turn up at selhurst when in the championship unless they are getting n for free. As for Withdean remarkably it was sold out for 3 or so seasons in when in the lowest leagues and the thousands that travelled 140 mile round trip to Gillingham whilst finishing second from bottom of the football league is proper support. They just wouldnt have done because palace doesnt have a regional identity like Brighton. The Albion is an institution for Sussex, palace are mostly ignored by most of Surrey/Kent and Croydon.

4. Protests. Palace idea of a protest is 30 or 40 spotty teenagers getting laughed out of the City of London. Brighton's? Well just do a google search of Brighon v York City

5. As Mullery said. Palace? Not worth a fiver. They eventually followed us to Wembley a few years later and have paid for teams by paying for players that led for two administrations to keep them in higher divisions than a  club with their small support should command but really they are scared of having a proper club as a rival but for us, its difficult to take seriously a club who needs the premier league to get people to turn up.

Brighton fan here. Good away performance from you but still trying to work out what was worse, our challenge for your penalty or the ref who missed two if not three penalties.

As for the palace fan (or the drummer boys as they are known for their love of banging drums at games) rant well lets look at the facts:-

1. Brighton have a major trophy (Charity Shield a long way ago). Palace have nothing oh sory the auto windscreen Zenith Cup or something, bit no proper trophy and unlike us never been Champions of England.

2. Fans. Well palace fans choose to take drums to football, have kiddies dressed in black called Ultras, they need premier league football to double heir gates (what was it in the championship, 14000 gates with giving away tickets and two for one deals). As fans they love to prance around to goal music and choose to bang drums like a Reading or some such club. With this backdrop they latch onto a marketing gimick not asked for by the fans but the fans at palace choose to bang a drum.

3. Would palace have survived as a club if they had lost a ground and placed 140 mile round trip to finish second from bottom of football league? Not a snowball chance in hell, they dont even turn up at selhurst when in the championship unless they are getting n for free. As for Withdean remarkably it was sold out for 3 or so seasons in when in the lowest leagues and the thousands that travelled 140 mile round trip to Gillingham whilst finishing second from bottom of the football league is proper support. They just wouldnt have done because palace doesnt have a regional identity like Brighton. The Albion is an institution for Sussex, palace are mostly ignored by most of Surrey/Kent and Croydon.

4. Protests. Palace idea of a protest is 30 or 40 spotty teenagers getting laughed out of the City of London. Brighton's? Well just do a google search of Brighon v York City

5. As Mullery said. Palace? Not worth a fiver. They eventually followed us to Wembley a few years later and have paid for teams by paying for players that led for two administrations to keep them in higher divisions than a club with their small support should command but really they are scared of having a proper club as a rival but for us, its difficult to take seriously a club who needs the premier league to get people to turn up.

I Couldn't give a monkeys... So long as we beat you.COYR.

Oh happy days - I know its half time but I was able to walk out with head held high - was in with Brighton fans but you Rams looked and sounded fantastic. Will be sporting my shirt into school (I teach) tomorrow morning to a chorus of boos. Much admiration for pace and purpose of Derby team amongst the locals.

Tbf never seen selhurst park half empty ten mins before end of a playoff match though

That might be because it was half empty in the first place.. well unless the premier league road show rolls into town so the locals can take all their Arsenal, and Man U supporting kiddies as they did when Cantona kung fu kicked em (just count the man u fans in that picture).Have you ever tried to get home from the Amex? 

Archived