Brighton

I think no one wanted to finish sixth, the gumps did us a favour and forced Brighton into taking it.

On a personal note I do not care for the play-offs and just see these games as just extras, if we go up we do, if not still fine with that.  I will never agree to play-offs.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from a Brighton forum...

QUOTE "..."

Derby are rightfully favourites but I quite fancy our chances of an upset. Personally I make us the favourites.

We are on a great unbeaten run, have some key players back in the team, don't concede very many (unlike Derby) and, quite frankly, are a better side than them.

A good performance in front of goal on Thursday, and we could have one foot on Wembley turf.

We will create plenty of chances this week (unless we play badly) we just need to stick em in the net!!!

-------------------------------------

Watching them vs Forest... They looked dire. Sounds to me this chap isn't sure if they are any good or not!

SillyBilly

Amazing how sneaking into the playoffs in the last minute and facing up against a side with enough points to ordinarily go up automatically makes them, quite frankly, better than us.

You do hear some tosh. Does he know we're the Championship's top scorers, we wouldn't be third if we simply had a bad defence, we're the division's most attack-minded team.

Looking forward to it, be interesting to see if we do play for a draw there or go for it.

Amazing how sneaking into the playoffs in the last minute and facing up against a side with enough points to ordinarily go up automatically makes them, quite frankly, better than us.

You do hear some tosh. Does he know we're the Championship's top scorers, we wouldn't be third if we simply had a bad defence, we're the division's most attack-minded team.

Looking forward to it, be interesting to see if we do play for a draw there or go for it.

Mac, playing for a draw, the controversy :o

He'll change nothing tactically. Just go and play our way, get it down and pass it. If they can throttle the football out of us over 3 hours then fair play to them.

Since McClaren took over, we have only conceded 4 more than Brighton but scored 16 more.

Yes, we do, Stephens, very doubtful, Upson struggling, Bruno, defiantly out. CMS, Buckley and Orlandi all just back from long term injuries. Think I agree that you will be favourites, as you have more points than us, pure and simple. We have not played that well this year, but got results somehow, but we have had Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins and Orlandi out most of the season and we have missed Orlandi as he was top of the assists last year and scored a few as well. Think we will put out the following side:

Kuszczak

Calderon

Upsom/Dunk

Greer

Ward

Orlandi

Ince

Andrews

Buckley

Ulloa

Lingard

Subs

March

CMS

Lua Lua

Chicksen

Angreken

Lopez

JFC

Dunk ? 

Too close to call for me, plus for me is that although I am sure you are much better than I saw you both times, awful game at Derby, but we deserved a point at least and home game, the ref was so bad, he gave you everything. Also the fact that we are probably the worst team in the play offs, so were Palace and they did us last year. Negatives, you are obviously a good side as your record dictates. Think there will be 1 goal in it. Our players to watch are Ulloa, on his day he is awesome, Lua Lua, again can be so good, but erratic, Buckley and Lingard, both fast and skilful. The thing that worries me is that I actually don't know any Derby players, which mean they are a good team and not individuals. Enjoy Thursday, the pies, the beers, the best ground in the Championship I think, stay and have a beer in the concourse and look forward to Sunday, heart says yes, head says no.    

You could say Palace the worse form, but they did finish 4th, hardly poor!

No they didn't, we (Brighton) did.  Palace finished 5th.

Do you really miss Craig Mackail Smith? I never really thought he looked that good. Seems to need 5 sitters to score once. Like when we had Theo Robinson.

CMS is a marmite player.  He works very hard and has tucked away some difficult chances.  However, some of us get annoyed at his inability to hold the ball up - with his back to goal, the ball will invariably roll over his shoulder.  Equally, if he's caught in possession, it better not be in our half.  Basically, he's a labrador with a cheeky smile.  He does miss a fair few chances too, but the argument has always been that his pace gets him into goal scoring positions that others don't manage.

You can't argue with his contribution since he returned from a 11 month injury.  Barely any game time, but that cross in stoppage time for Ulloa's stooping header was sublime.

Oh and LOL at the Palace bum-licker on here - gimp.

No they didn't, we (Brighton) did.  Palace finished 5th.

CMS is a marmite player.  He works very hard and has tucked away some difficult chances.  However, some of us get annoyed at his inability to hold the ball up - with his back to goal, the ball will invariably roll over his shoulder.  Equally, if he's caught in possession, it better not be in our half.  Basically, he's a labrador with a cheeky smile.  He does miss a fair few chances too, but the argument has always been that his pace gets him into goal scoring positions that others don't manage.

You can't argue with his contribution since he returned from a 11 month injury.  Barely any game time, but that cross in stoppage time for Ulloa's stooping header was sublime.

Oh and LOL at the Palace bum-licker on here - gimp.

Bum-licker? The *ahem* cheek.

I quite like Derby though. Proper football club, decent fans, and I can't deny they'd be better in the Prem than your bunch of plastics (most of whom already support another Premiership team).

Still, it's the play-offs and anything can happen. Perhaps Derby will be overwhelmed by the sound of those clackers you have, just as we were last year? Do try to remember not to **** on their dressing room floor though.

The nightmare one for me living in Brighton, with Brighton born sons who support the Albion! Having been to the Amex a few times this season I think we can beat the seagulls who have flattered to deceive this season...

Could get tickets in the 'home' end but not sure I could take the tension or keep quiet!

Anyone else in Brighton to link up with?

COYR

Are you chancing purchasing one of the last few away tickets at  the ground ?

Already paid for my season tickets in the home end but may have to now desert my kids and try for an away ticket - surely they'll be fine on their own with a bag of sweets and some fizzy pop......??

Bum-licker? The *ahem* cheek.

I quite like Derby though. Proper football club, decent fans, and I can't deny they'd be better in the Prem than your bunch of plastics (most of whom already support another Premiership team).

Still, it's the play-offs and anything can happen. Perhaps Derby will be overwhelmed by the sound of those clackers you have, just as we were last year? Do try to remember not to **** on their dressing room floor though.

Yes I like Derby too, as you say a proper football club, unlike a club in south London that have goal music, a drummer, Ultras singing nicked songs, silly displays which looks like 2 willies and you call us plastic ?, words fail me.  If you knew the truth of 'poogate'  lets just say your club might look even worse than they do now.

Sorry Derby to use your message board but when silly little chavs invade with stupid comments, then we will respond, they are just jealous as we have 10k more fans than then and they must be 'plastic', we used to get 30k in the 70/80's which was more that Palace, but they forget that. Enjoy tonight, well not too much.

Archived