Deluded Gumps

AntB

Speaking to a Forest fan at work this morning with who I can usually have a decent conversation about football without getting silly and insulting , I casually mentioned the team of the season and the rightfull inclusion of Andy Reid which he was happy with , conversation continued and he then said he couldn't understand Hughes being in it , which you could maybe understand, he then continued to prove to me that there is actually no such thing as a sensible forest fan by saying Bryson shouldn't be in there either as there are 'loads of better players in the championship ' he couldn't name any if them 'but there are loads' !!!!!

**** !!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't worry. It's not surprising - there is no way, on any level, he would be able to disprove Bryson should be there.

Hughes, okay that would be easy. 

I even think fatboy should be there, but I could disprove why he shouldn't, if I was pushed to. 

To be honest, if people don't recognise how brilliant the players in our team are then I am absolutely delighted as it means there will be less people coming to poach them.

Most people that are involved in football scouting or management will recognise how good Bryson has been, It's those people that will look to poach him and not some one eyed treetard who's opinion doesn't count. 

I had one at work this week saying they have a better squad than us. Looked like it last time we played them. The league table would look a whole lot different if it wasn't for those freak sleet storms at the forest end every week too.

I wouldn't worry. It's not surprising - there is no way, on any level, he would be able to disprove Bryson should be there.

Hughes, okay that would be easy.

I even think fatboy should be there, but I could disprove why he shouldn't, if I was pushed to.

How could you prove a player shouldn't be in there given that a voting system has been used?

This is not Champ manager based on stats I don't believe, is this not based upon opinions of people who work within football ?

I could understand if you had arguments against their inclusions, but unless im wrong which could be the case, how do you disprove this?

How could you prove a player shouldn't be in there given that a voting system has been used?

This is not Champ manager based on stats I don't believe, is this not based upon opinions of people who work within football ?

I could understand if you had arguments against their inclusions, but unless im wrong which could be the case, how do you disprove this?

If it's based on players, then surely they'd base it on either reputation or the effect X player had whilst playing against them.

Andy Reid has missed quite abit of the season, I'm sure you could find a player who has statistically offered more over the season - but perhaps hasn't been quite as 'noticeable' as Reid.

But then again, football isn't all about goals and assists either.

If it was, then Iniesta wouldn't make the top 100 best players in football never mind the top 10 (he actually won European POTY the other season despite scoring about 5 goals all year).

For what it's worth, I think Forest's huge drop has come as a direct result of Reid and Lansbury not playing - if those two had stayed fit, I'm sure they'd probably be around 5 points better off and still within a chance of making the playoffs this weekend.

2 threads dedicated to us. I'm not going to be able to keep up

I was so amazed at his stupidity I thought he deserved his own thread rather than tagging onto another one , he was absolutely adamant that Bryson shouldn't be in there

Archived