PP crowds

Cheer up... We could support Boro, now there are some empty seats.

I chose to miss this one.. Possibly our least attractive fixture, so decided on Donny and then all the way through to Wembley.

To be honest the whole matchday experience at home is not that great. Donny away or Barnsley at home.. Ermmm DONNY...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a start our prices are shocking, the club do a bloody good job of marketing the few cheap tickets but if you paying on the day your looking at upwards of £30, poor form. 

Secondly the 'matchday experience' is still terrible, as Angry Ram said, Doncaster away is far more appealing than Barnsley at home. And whilst i can only afford one of them, i'll stick to the away games. 

For a start our prices are shocking, the club do a bloody good job of marketing the few cheap tickets but if you paying on the day your looking at upwards of £30, poor form. 

Secondly the 'matchday experience' is still terrible, as Angry Ram said, Doncaster away is far more appealing than Barnsley at home. And whilst i can only afford one of them, i'll stick to the away games. 

Moral:

Don't pay on the day. If you are committed to going to more than half the games, buy a season ticket. If you're not, buy them in advance. If you find out subsequently that you can't go, advertise them on here. There's always likely to be someone willing to buy it off you at face value.

Saying that Derby's 'on the day' prices are 'shocking' is one thing. I guess you are not going to Leeds then. In advance (and knowing that filthy tip we will end up with seats right behind a pillar with no leg-room and stewards insisting we sit down), they are £34.

The match day experience is made by the atmosphere and that can only be improved by the fans. I know we are in the playoffs but the atmosphere yesterday was awful, everyone was asleep.

I'm hoping next season with the south stand things will be different.

A Barnsley fan after said if they were in our position oakwell would be bouncing. He has a point.

Pretty sure that "Price Of Football" thing showed we had one of the cheapest in the league

Moral:

Don't pay on the day. If you are committed to going to more than half the games, buy a season ticket. If you're not, buy them in advance. If you find out subsequently that you can't go, advertise them on here. There's always likely to be someone willing to buy it off you at face value.

Saying that Derby's 'on the day' prices are 'shocking' is one thing. I guess you are not going to Leeds then. In advance (and knowing that filthy tip we will end up with seats right behind a pillar with no leg-room and stewards insisting we sit down), they are £34.

Shall be attending Leeds as they have a young adult ticket bracket. Something i believe we don't offfer to away fans nor none membership holding home fans (willing to stand corrected on the last one) 

How many of those that complain about the atmosphere wait until somebody else starts a song before joining in or just sit there and clap along as others try to create the atmosphere?

How many just sit and watch from stands other than the South stand and just moan about the lack of atmosphere we in the south stand are creating?

At 50 years of age, I am not a young pup, But will join in with and start songs.

We are at the top of the South stand by the segregation netting and will also have some fun with the away fans and try to wind them up as this helps to get them going and creates a better atmosphere.

If you are not getting involved in creating the noise, Don't complain when others do likewise.

I still think they should just simplify the ticket structure. All tickets for all areas £20 tops. If you want a "better" seat then just get your arse in gear and buy early. I'm of the opinion that there are no "bad seats" at PPS.

The football was dull under clough and the gates were dwindling. The football has improved immensely but the gates have only risen slightly.

The only other factor is cost IMO.

I think it's more a case of being able to justify rather than afford tickets.

The way I see it there are three types of fans:

1) Follow Derby regardless of league, form, etc etc

2) Follow Derby if it is justifiable - ie not everyone can afford every single game but will go to some here and there.

3) Jump on the bandwagon when we play f*rest or Chelsea and insist on buying half and half scarves

So with your first 'type' of fans you will always be looking at around 21-22k, the second 'type' will make up the numbers for your average game, and the third 'type' make certain games sell-outs.

Clearly the cost of 'modern' football in the UK is too high but to be fair Derby offer great value compared to other clubs around us.

For now we can simply pine over the Bundesliga and hope that one day we might follow suit over here.

We did a deal with Barnsley re away ticket prices so they were both the same £15 adult and £5 kids. 

I've got season tickets so can't comment on home prices because I don't know what they are. Away tickets to the iPro aren't cheap - for Watford away fans pay £27, £19 oap £15 under 18s. 

For me and my two lads that would be £57. I paid £33 for the same at Donny, though that is the cheaper end of the market. I think we are probably similar, maybe a little more, to clubs our size.

If our prices are shocking then I don't know what you'd call places like Ipswich.

I think the club have come up with some clever ways of reducing ticket prices at certain times whilst keeping the revenue stream at the same levels. Have to say that our ST prices are decent for what they provide, especially this season. Saw something recently which said we have the best price-to-points ratio on STs in the League. You can't say fairer than that.

As for the atmosphere, that's got some way to go. It feels like we're just waiting to have the South Stand to ourselves, I'm really convinced that will make a difference. The amount of times the NE corner get completely out of sync with chants because they can't even hear the SE corner is ridiculous.

I find ticket distribution / pricing very frustrating ,I go to virtually every home game [have done since 1958] not had a season ticket for a few years though. I should have one because it is cost effective but don't as games get switched around and I work all over the place.

Whenever we get a big game like the dogs or Chelsea I end up struggling to get a ticket ,Forest I did get one in the end Chelsea I did'nt .I just know that come the play offs I will struggle again because season ticket holders will probably get a further allocation and take casual supporters with them, cutting out the non season ticket holder die hards out .Not blaming season ticket holders by the way just the policy.

Adult tickets for Barnsley on Monday were £24. Yet for Doncaster and Charlton were £20. The pricing is just massively over-complicated. Never seems to make much sense

Season tickets are much simpler.

I find ticket distribution / pricing very frustrating ,I go to virtually every home game [have done since 1958] not had a season ticket for a few years though. I should have one because it is cost effective but don't as games get switched around and I work all over the place.

Whenever we get a big game like the dogs or Chelsea I end up struggling to get a ticket ,Forest I did get one in the end Chelsea I did'nt .I just know that come the play offs I will struggle again because season ticket holders will probably get a further allocation and take casual supporters with them, cutting out the non season ticket holder die hards out .Not blaming season ticket holders by the way just the policy.

Do you go on your own mate? I never buy a season ticket but do pay for a membership. When the lad was U18, his match ticket was free, so in essence cheaper than buying 2 season tickets and also giving us flexibility. 

I'm guessing that's your grandson in the picture so probably too young to go at the moment but in a couple of years this might be an option.

Archived