We've made the playoffs

Bris Vegas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long as we avoid Wigan until the final....

I wonder whether their fans are saying "I hope we avoid Derby…."

I would if I supported any of our promotion rivals.

I think it's odds on we will get Brighton or Forest in Semi final if Forest beat Brum today it might go down to Forest vs Brighton last game at City Ground for 6th spot

But Ipswich have it their own hands at moment for 6th

We will finish 3rd

So 3rd vs 6th

Derby vs Ipswich /Brighton / Forest/ Reading or Bournemouth in that order.

Derby to win

Wigan vs QPR 4th vs 5th.

QPR to win

Derby vs QPR. Wembley.

I wonder whether their fans are saying "I hope we avoid Derby…."

I would if I supported any of our promotion rivals.

Why?

I was listening to an interesting debate on Five Live the other day about the potential play off teams. The guests were saying that of the sides in the top six or seven, QPR, Wigan would be the ones sides would want to avoid.

Derby are clearly a good side. The table doesn't lie at this stage of the season but I wouldn't fancy us against a QPR side that has underperformed for much of the season or a Wigan side that is just starting to play sides off the park.

Why?

I was listening to an interesting debate on Five Live the other day about the potential play off teams. The guests were saying that of the sides in the top six or seven, QPR, Wigan would be the ones sides would want to avoid.

Derby are clearly a good side. The table doesn't lie at this stage of the season but I wouldn't fancy us against a QPR side that has underperformed for much of the season or a Wigan side that is just starting to play sides off the park.

QPR have under-porformed for 43 games based upon the talent available to them - is it likely that with the big prize in view, they are going to suddenly find their true form? Or are they already showing their true form.

It's a bit of a rarity this season - five teams who are clearly so much better than the rest in the division. I've loved every bit of this season (OK, the last 31 games) - and if we don't win the lottery, that won't change.

QPR have got better recently because of Ravel Morrison, and they have 1 or 2 coming back from injury, so I expect them to give a decent account of themselves against anyone in the play offs.. but hopefully they will play Wigan as 3rd and 4th teams, and if we beat whoever is 6th its anyones game at Wembley because that's all about who 'turns up', and who handles the 'occassion' best.

well i think its sort of an advantage to us that we are derby county, i think if you look at wigan and qpr and whatever team get to 6th, they would all say the team they would want to face would be us... complacency...underestimation, in their eyes, were more of a pushover than qpr or wigan, personally though id fancy us for any team in a two leg stint, however the final, well it is quite literally a cup final anyone's game and you cant say which team will win it, for me ideally, derby will beat 6th place, id like qpr to beat wigan as wigan are a better side and a very good side under uwe rosler, derby to beat qpr i the final

i mean comeon, these clubs need to stop being so greedy, both wigan and qpr were in the prem last season, and the season before that, and the season before that, give the little guy a chance

Im in the money !  my bet from October when shteve (as he was then called) came is a done deal :D

Thanks to all concerned at the club, not just for the money, but for giving me lots to smile about this season, and no matter what, i am looking forwards to next season....

and for once we dont need some bull **** to make us buy season tickets/tickets  :wub:

p.s. the 3000 fans at the Keepnote will have a fab night now.... 

SING UP YOU RAAAAMMMMS

Mine is still open, wagered an amount on us winning promotion which covered auto and PO winner....

Archived