Why is Simmo saying Donny and Tykes are tough games

Curtains

Im no PHD but I'm nowhere near daft enough to start a thread on such a moronic subject. Fergie is an egotistical gob-sh1te but he was never disrespectful enough to say an upcoming game was going to be easy. Nobody ever says it because they know the majority of the time your doing the oppositions team talk for them and it can blow up in your face... FFS a 12 year old would no this but you're using it to pick holes in our management cus you still think we'd be better of with Nigel in charge...

Love it

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plot twist - what if this thread itself is in fact another one of curtain's notorious mind games, to throw both us and the opposition?

I'd win.

Well men always say that women are experts at these mind games and so we're never fully understood ;-)

Women are always right.

Us Men know that don't we !?

That there is the correct answer!

And not a mind game in sight, just good, old fashioned common sense.

You come out and say that it won't be difficult to win the next two games in public as a manager/assistant you can guarantee the teams you're on about will give 110% and bust a gut when they play you... No team talk needed by their managers.

You say it's a tough game you lull them into a sense of security and then bam! Turn up play our football and pass them off the park.

Just slighty in support of Curtains on this.......

I think Brendan Rodgers has bucked the trend of talking down your teams chances and emphasising the difficulty of forthcoming games recently. And its been quite refreshing. He has been openly positive about his teams chances of winning the league

This is in contrast to the traditional line taken by football managers, including Mourhino lately and is the sort of orthodoxy that I think Curtains was talking about in his original post. I don't think there is any need to emphasise that Doncaster and Barnsley will be fighting for their lives and will not roll over easily. Yes we can acknowledge that, but if we play to our strengths and are on form wec will have much too much for either of these teams   

I'm feeling I've stirred up a hornets nest here. But hey ho let's hammer Donny and Barnsley we are better than them. I ain't keen on Watford either their right Hornets.

Let's hammer Leeds as well we are the best Football team in this League.

Archived