Why is Simmo saying Donny and Tykes are tough games

Curtains

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's just not getting complacent, particulaly with Barnsley who are facing the drop. And Donny who tend to play well at home.

And some would argue that we haven't been playing our best football, so need to focus and pull our socks up. Just can't take wins for granted.

He's just not getting complacent, particulaly with Barnsley who are facing the drop. And Donny who tend to play well at home.

And some would argue that we haven't been playing our best football, so need to focus and pull our socks up. Just can't take wins for granted.

Best to go in confident and not introduce any negatives we would have had a go at Cloughie if he had said that.

I detect slight worries in the camp.

Let's go into playoffs positive.

Do you think so? I reckon it's just common sense? Don't underestimate your opponents an that..

Easy matches don't come along all that often - well except when we play the gumps of course ;-)

Do you think so? I reckon it's just common sense? Don't underestimate your opponents an that..

Easy matches don't come along all that often - well except when we play the gumps of course ;-)

For me we don't need to worry about opponents like Donny and Barnsley we just need play our own game and beat them.

We are better than them and complacency shouldn't be a issue at this stage of the season with the ultimate goal coming up.

I'd be more concerned if I heard Simmo bleating on in the DET about how we should easily brush these teams aside and how they're simply a minor obstacle in our pursuit of the play-offs. Imagine if he said all that and then we lost to Doncaster (not impossible). What a arrogant sod he'd look then.

After our result against Millwall earlier in the season, I would've said we wouldn't have to worry about them when they came to the iPro. Look what happened there.

I'm sure what the coaching staff say to the press is rather different to what they say to the players. I'd imagine in private they're a lot more positive when talking to the players and trying to psyche them up, but they have to be a little more restrained in the press.

Managers up and down the football pyramid do this week in, week out. Bit of a non-issue for me.

What did you want Simpson to say, Doncaster and Barnsley are easy games, guaranteed 6pts and lots of goals, we'll smash them?

Its not the end of the world if we lose but let's not let um think we are worried about them.

Games are often won in the head.

Games are often won in the head.

Exactly, which is why Simpson is reminding the players that just because these teams are at the foot of the table it won't be easy, we can't just turn up and expect to win.

Exactly, which is why Simpson is reminding the players that just because these teams are at the foot of the table it won't be easy, we can't just turn up and expect to win.

Really so if Simmo says that the players listen do they.

The opposition may do though.

I'd be more concerned if I heard Simmo bleating on in the DET about how we should easily brush these teams aside and how they're simply a minor obstacle in our pursuit of the play-offs. Imagine if he said all that and then we lost to Doncaster (not impossible). What a arrogant sod he'd look then.

After our result against Millwall earlier in the season, I would've said we wouldn't have to worry about them when they came to the iPro. Look what happened there.

I'm sure what the coaching staff say to the press is rather different to what they say to the players. I'd imagine in private they're a lot more positive when talking to the players and trying to psyche them up, but they have to be a little more restrained in the press.

Managers up and down the football pyramid do this week in, week out. Bit of a non-issue for me.

Funny how we had a go at Nigel for it though.

Have you ever, ever heard Mourinho say anything dissimilar to this? He's the best in the world at it.

Nothing good whatsoever can come against saying we'll smash someone. Seems you are making something out of absolutely nothing.

Archived