MLB

Cisse

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't worry...nobody has started too hot in the AL West and we're only a tenth of the way through the season!

Saying that, I would worry for the Brewers - they are in a difficult division and have started terribly.

Nice to see the Royals have a good start - many (including me) doubted their credentials but so far, so good.

The Cubbies have called up future star hitters, Bryant and Russell...exciting times.

Just read about Daniel Norris of the Blue Jays. The guy earns 2 million dollars per year and chooses to live in his car with 736 dollars per month. A bit different than all these bling bling athletes these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I still think the AL west is pretty wide open - be surprised if the Astros can keep it up but they are promoting their star prospect shortstop, Carlos Correa to help maintain the push.

Not sure what's up with the Mariners - Cano can't be any worse for the rest of the year though surely? They've acquired some more power (Mark Trumbo from Arizona)...we shall see.

MLB draft begins tonight - generally seen as a draft without many likely stars (although predicting the future of the drafted players is much more difficult than in other American sports) but solid depth, with more college shortstops than is usually available.

• 2 months later...

Had a bet on new Blue Jay Josh Donaldson to win the most Homers in the season (eachway 1/4 4 places @40/1)

Looking good currently, Jays on quite the role after adding Price and Tulowitzki, but Donaldson has been immense. Oakland (team he was traded from) in Toronto tonight!

I have always picked teams that are down on that moment. Mariners fit right in. I hope to make a trip to Seattle when I turn 50. Would be great to see Seahawk, Mariners, and the new NHL team there at that time.

Winning.

If you don't mind me asking mate, how'd you become a Cubs fan? Never minded the Cubs myself and have always wanted to go to a game at Wrigley.

I'm ashamed to say it mate, but it's because they go watch the Cubs play in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, one of my all-time favourite films.

Would love to see a game at Wrigley as well. Hockey is my primary love when it comes to American sport but baseball isn't far behind. Obviously I've recently gotten into NFL as well. 

There's a lot of young, quality players in our team this year. Rizzo is a top-20 player in the league imo, and Bryant, Schwarber and Russell are great prospects. Arrieta has come through as a true ace this year and Jon Lester is pretty good as well. Hopefully we can add one of Price or Cueto in free agency, then our rotation will be one of the best in the league.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived