MLB

Cisse

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any decent MLB shows broadcast in the UK? I used to watch Channel 4/5 programs past 1am with the same chap doing the punditry for both sports, he was rather good. Since those channels dropped the highlights I've not really been following the sport much. 

The golden days of Baseball/Basketball/American Football and then European football till near 6am on channel 5 were amazing for my sick days when at school. Couldn't get enough of it.

• 6 months later...
51 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Any opinions how Mariners will do this season? What kind of team they have ?

I think they will be slightly better overall but still not really in the playoff discussion.

Offensively will improve I believe,but bullpen will struggle imo and beyond Hernandez no really proven starting pitcher.

My Braves are essentially the same; slight improvements all around but not really built for the playoffs.

Orioles fan for many years as an antecedent lived in Baltimore before upgrading (err, moving on) to Australia (hence, a Colts fan until they were stolen and now back on the Ravens...but only after Cleveland got their Browns back!)

Unfortunately, the Orioles are in long term decline. The occasional good season is inevitably followed by many more bad ones. After selling the development leagues, we simply can't compete long term with the Yankees and the Red Sox any more...although Tampa seem to do better somehow...

Still...always hoping...

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 06:07, RamDon said:

Orioles fan for many years as an antecedent lived in Baltimore before upgrading (err, moving on) to Australia (hence, a Colts fan until they were stolen and now back on the Ravens...but only after Cleveland got their Browns back!)

Unfortunately, the Orioles are in long term decline. The occasional good season is inevitably followed by many more bad ones. After selling the development leagues, we simply can't compete long term with the Yankees and the Red Sox any more...although Tampa seem to do better somehow...

Still...always hoping...

Well, they've made a good start! But I do think their starting pitching is very average and that will catch up with them. Lots of sluggers though - there will be plenty of home runs at Camden to admire and of course Manny Machado is one of the best all round players in baseball.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/07/2016 at 16:54, CWC1983 said:

Going back to see the Rays while on holiday this year. Enjoyed my first game last year v the Braves, this year its versus the Red Sox.

Just back from the game, 2-1 win for the Red Sox. Poor crowd in Tropicana field. I reckon 50% were red sox fans. We complain about the prices of beer at grounds in England. Try $9 a pint....... 

Still a worthwhile experience if you get the chance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived