Radio Derby Commentary

Mafiabob

Just looking at the letters page in today's DET, somone disagreed with the way Ed and Craig do there match reporting and won't be listening again.

They might not be to everyone's taste but I think personally that they are perfect together, love all the passion these show as proper Derby lads and not frightened to pull punches and above all else they talk like a fan, with Ramage able to give little incites into how a footballer ( modern ) thinks etc.

It's been a breath of fresh air listening to these pair this season. Much better than the previous incumbents immediately before them.

Long may they continue. Love the car crash approach they do.

The letter is on Page 15. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. But like I say can see why they are not to everyone's taste

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to the commentary now :) .Used to hate it.

They're the best since the good old days of Graham Richards.

Excellent stuff,what with the ratting and shanking from Ramage and the over excitement from Ed.Love it.

I tend to agree - although as I've said before - I'm sure I age a year with every match.  

I love the little digs and the laugh they all seem to have together.

You can tell when Eds getting frustrated at the team - he's a bit quick to go  negative - but Im enjoying them for the main part.

I missed the Radio Nottingham commentary on Saturdays match they played on Tuesday - what was that like, did anyone hear it?

Just looking at the letters page in today's DET, somone disagreed with the way Ed and Craig do there match reporting and won't be listening again.

They might not be to everyone's taste but I think personally that they are perfect together, love all the passion these show as proper Derby lads and not frightened to pull punches and above all else they talk like a fan, with Ramage able to give little incites into how a footballer ( modern ) thinks etc.

It's been a breath of fresh air listening to these pair this season. Much better than the previous incumbents immediately before them.

Long may they continue. Love the car crash approach they do.

The letter is on Page 15. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. But like I say can see why they are not to everyone's taste

I am one of those who will never be happy until I hear Graham Richards.

As a duo go, I think they do a job and at least there is passion.

I am one of those who will never be happy until I hear Graham Richards.

As a duo go, I think they do a job and at least there is passion.

Would of loved his commentary of the Forest game last Saturday.

Not a fan - he's far too hysterical, tends to over-egg what's going on and impossible to tell what is actually happening half the time. However, you've got to enjoy his goal celebrations. He is basically like a supporter being given a commentators job, and he needs to be a little more professional. Ramage's grasp of language and grammar is dreadful (I'm sorry, but that matters to me), I preferred Bloomers and before him Fletch. 

Graham Richards was a legend, but Ian Hall one of the worst sidekicks ever, miserable sod.

Mostyn is right mind, he's still probably better than a lot of others.

PistoldPete2

Not a fan - he's far too hysterical, tends to over-egg what's going on and impossible to tell what is actually happening half the time. However, you've got to enjoy his goal celebrations. He is basically like a supporter being given a commentators job, and he needs to be a little more professional. Ramage's grasp of language and grammar is dreadful (I'm sorry, but that matters to me), I preferred Bloomers and before him Fletch. 

Graham Richards was a legend, but Ian Hall one of the worst sidekicks ever, miserable sod.

Mostyn is right mind, he's still probably better than a lot of others.

I like Ramage didnt like Ian Hall your're right a miserable git.

Dont listen to radio commentary , bad for my heart.

Ian Hall was a victim of his accent. Had he said it in a geordie or scouse accent, nobody would think he was miserable. For the main part, whatever Ian Hall said was bang on. However he described something was 100% accurate and helped clarify some of Graham Richards latter-career confusion. I also used to like Ian Hall's summaries of the opponent manager's press conference. Used to think he really balanced the whole coverage out.

Remember Ian Hall saying as the game started " that linesman's got thin legs, I've never trusted men with thin legs".

he always mentioned footballers legs. He used to mention Bobby Robson having bandy footballer's legs. I cannot remember who it was now, but it was someone who ran similar to Bale...

Ian Hall was great and he played Football for the Rams and Cricket for Derbyshire. Was very good cricket commentator with a droll sense of humour. Really liked the guy.

Said it how it was.

He was a miserable moaning git!!!

Archived