Radio Derby Commentary

Mafiabob

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people of Derby are spoilt. You should hear the commentary on offer at other regional BBC stations, it's truly woeful.

Yeah, agreed. Mate of mine is a Bury fan but tuned into RD for the Yeovil match as we were the last game on his accy, said the commentary really added to the drama and was the best local commentary he'd heard.

people of Derby are spoilt. You should hear the commentary on offer at other regional BBC stations, it's truly woeful.

i heard the nottingham radio commentary of our 5-0 demolition, it was pretty robotic and lacking in emotion, the fact that our commentators are both derby lads and supporters, makes it one of the best there is, i personally like listening to them

Other local commentaries are pants.

Ours is good just a bit too emotional. Derby can be on top and then go 1-0 down to a fluke and all the praise turns to criticism. Goals always change their opinion on performance. Not entirely fair.

It's less stressful to be at the actual games.

Can't stand listening to the Rams ont radio. Hate it with a passion, you get no clue that the other team are attacking then suddenly its "1-0, Doncaster have taken the lead"

fck off, why dint you say they were attacking or summat?

That's because they usually aren't, we just get caught on the break.

Listen to them on Rams Player (not with many other options mind you). I love them despite their many obvious failings.

First and foremost, it allows me to follow the club I support almost as it happens (the delay can be anywhere between a minute and 4). Secondly, Ed is quite a good caller in my view and the fact that he combines it with an obvious support for the club is great.

I adore Craig's enthusiasm. He's there almost as a token barracker even though he did play for us. In other words, most of the time his analysis has all the depth of a crowd chant. Which brings me to the two last points.

The balance between crowd noise and commentary is, I think, right. Never had a moment's difficulty hearing the play by play and ADORE the atmosphere conveyed from the ground. The call of the Forest demolition ranks up there with anything I can recall as a fan. The way they were laughing and just barracking was probably unprofessional....and I've never enjoyed a call of any match so much in my life.

Last point on Ramage...while I stick by the general view that, as an analyst, he is a great supporter, there are moments when his insight actually quite striking. It may just be luck but there's been many a time when I've been caught off guard by his insightfulness.

Archived