Championship Play Off Final moved

Stive Pesley

Not sure if anyone else has spotted this yet, or if it's been discussed, but if we do get to the Play-Off final, they've moved the date from the usual Bank Holiday Monday to the Saturday before.

Normally they play the Championship one last as the "climax" to the weekend, but as it's World Cup year, they move the Championship final to the Saturday on the basis that clubs may have international players involved.

I only mention this because Bank Holiday weekend aturday 24th May is going to be popular for weddings and I'm already screwed if we make it :(

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question...and probably more pertinent given that we're not guaranteed the Wembley slot by any stretch of the imagination.

According to the FL site the dates for the Semi-finals are Thurdsay 8th May - Saturday 17th May (exact dates TBC - which covers all the leagues)

I've done some fishing around at previous years to try and take a best guess - because we're also planning to have a week's holiday in May.

My guess:

Season finishes on Saturday May 3rd, and the Champ Play-off semi first legs  are usually the following Thursday and Friday and then either 3 or 4 days after for the 2nd legs (it seems to vary for some reason)

But based on last season when it was 3 days later - that would be

Thursday May 8th - 6th versus 3rd

Friday May 9th - 5th versus 4th

Sunday May 11th - 3rd versus 6th

Monday May 12th - 4th versus 5th

Not sure if anyone else has spotted this yet, or if it's been discussed, but if we do get to the Play-Off final, they've moved the date from the usual Bank Holiday Monday to the Saturday before.

Normally they play the Championship one last as the "climax" to the weekend, but as it's World Cup year, they move the Championship final to the Saturday on the basis that clubs may have international players involved.

I only mention this because Bank Holiday weekend aturday 24th May is going to be popular for weddings and I'm already screwed if we make it :(

C'mon GreenRam, get with the ball game!

Didn't you know that the club are not bothering with the Play-Off final this year, they are focused and expecting a bumper crowd at the iPro stadium that day for fans to play against a Derby County Legend side for Football Aid 2014......and your pencilled in to play in goals!.....Have you not put it on your calendar yet?.....Tut, Tut......Tut!!!!

Live the Dream at the iPro Stadium on Saturday 24th May, 12pm kick off in 2014

http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/14060-football-aid-derby-county/

Football Aid 2014 – Bid to Play at the iPro Stadium!

How would you like the chance to Bid to Play at the iPro Stadium alongside a Derby County Legend before taking part in a 90 min match on the hallowed turf?

Well now's your chance as Derby County FC have once again joined forces with Football Aid - www.footballaid.com - to give fans the opportunity to Live the Dream at the iPro Stadium on Saturday 24th May, 12pm kick off in 2014 and raise valuable funds for charity at the same time.

Football Aid offers Derby fans the unique opportunity to experience a matchday in the same way the likes of Shaun Barker, Johnny Russell, Will Hughes and co do every other week. Players will gain exclusive access to the pitch and tunnel areas, pull on their own personalised shirt in the official changing rooms, walk down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and step out on the pitch and represent The Rams in a never to be forgotten 90 minutes of football!

To add to that, the matches at the iPro Stadium have also been supported by a host of fantastic Rams legends in recent years, with the likes of Roger Davies, Lee Carsley, Archie Gemmill, Phil Gee, Marc Edworthy, Dick Pratley (and many more) all lending their extra special support by playing alongside or managing the fans on their big day.

Positions are now available in our Auction Bidding and securing a position couldn’t be easier, just visit www.footballaid.com and choose the Derby County game and then you’ll have two options: Option 1: Bid to Play – Enter your Maximum Bid and if you're the highest bidder when the position closes you'll win your place on your Field of Dreams, or Option 2: Buy Now – Close the auction early and secure your place with a one off payment online. Positions close at regular intervals until Tue 12th March and opening Bids start from just £170.

Derby County fan Stuart Henry played in 2013 and told Football Aid about his experience:

“To be perfectly honest, I'm gutted it’s all over. It really was everything I imagined it to be and more. The Football Aid team was great and all in all it was the perfect day (and perfect result). Can't wait for next year. My final thanks are the biggest. For allowing my daughter and nephew to be the Mascots. They both loved every moment and especially my nephew Oliver felt so proud and also was very proud of his Uncle.”

So if you're keen to secure a place on your Field of Dreams this season, why not visit www.footballaid.com and sign up today! Alternatively if you’d like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on tel: 0131 220 5999, e-mail: info@footballaid.com, post on their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/footballaid or send a tweet to @FootballAid.

Since forming in 2001 Football Aid have allowed over 14,000 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in 535 charity matches all over the UK. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Chairman Craig Paterson and funds raised from this year's events will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by Derby County FC, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid’s parent charity Field of Dreams.

Mate of mine's getting married on the 24th. I've gratefully accepted his invitation on the understanding that if we get to Wembley I will be in London, not Derbyshire, on that day.

He was cool about it, and even wondered whether to suggest the same caveat to his wife-to-be.

Archived