Hughes in frame for Reading but Hendrick was tremendous against Bolton he's nearest thing to Paul Scholes for me in the Championship.

Curtains

Seeing as that lineup hasn't been used as a central three this season in a game we have lost, how on Earth can you make such a statement?

3 starting central midfielders were Craig Bryson, Jeff Hendrick, Will Hughes in the following games:

Derby County 0-1 Leicester City

&

Derby County 0-1 Millwall

Both loses??

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 starting central midfielders were Craig Bryson, Jeff Hendrick, Will Hughes in the following games:

Derby County 0-1 Leicester City

&

Derby County 0-1 Millwall

Both loses??

You are being pedantic it's about the team ethic and shape and opposition.

Managers have opposition watched and Reading let you play so therefor IMO get your ball players on the field.

The bench will be important.

Nah no way near. Against Milwall he was shocking. Paul Scholes actually creates Jeff is the master of the sideways and back pass. Before his injury he was immense scored a screamer against Port Vale in pre season, but since his injury he's struggled.

Although I've generally not been impressed this season, the Bolton highlights show him making a number of incisive forward passes, so he could be getting back into form.

Jeff is a good player who,with application and self belief,could become an outstanding player.Paul Scholes? You're surely having a laugh-he's nothing like Scholes.

Eustace, Bryson and Hughes is the best blend we have in midfield so play them whenever its possible.

Playing Hughes behind Martin is crazy as he doesn't shoot or make those runs beyond the striker, both of which are skills required for that role.

Hendrick was better against Bolton than he has been so far this season but is secondary to Bryson and Hughes imo, and as we have seen cannot do what Eustace does.

Jeff is a good player who,with application,could become an outstanding player.Paul Scholes? You're surely having a laugh-he's nothing like Scholes.

Nobody says he is except Curtains!

Certainly McClaren doesn't think so, despite Curtains have us believe he does!

Bryson doesn't look fit - I think he's been rushed back from his injury due to Hughes getting injured. I'd keep Hughes on the bench - Hendrick had his best game this season against Bolton. Only midfielder we have where players bounce off him when he's charging forwards.

If things aren't working then as long as you bring Hughes on with plenty of time to spare then he still has a big opportunit to influence the game.

I think if you leave out a DM, you not only lose the defensive attributes they bring, but I think you also lose the attacking influence of the other two midfielders as they don't feel free enough to push forward.

Playing Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes, we end up being neither here-nor-there to be honest. On paper, including Eustace (or Thorne) looks less attacking, but to me, it's actually the opposite as it releases Hughes/Bryson/Hendrick to go forward.

It also has the effect of allowing the full back to get further forward, knowing they have a defensive core if three in the middle to mop anything up if they leave themselves in trouble.

It is weird how it works out, but we are so much more attacking with a defensive mid.

It also has the effect of allowing the full back to get further forward, knowing they have a defensive core if three in the middle to mop anything up if they leave themselves in trouble.

If you watch when Eustace is playing and Grant has the ball, Wisdom and Forsyth push really high up on the flanks, Keogh and Buxton spread wide into the full back positions and Eustace drops deep into the middle of defence. If we're on an attack (especially down the left), they'll maintain these positions giving us a back 3 and, like you said, letting the full backs bomb forward.

It is weird how it works out, but we are so much more attacking with a defensive mid.

Been saying that for ages :) On paper, Eustace is a defensive player but he's been one of our most important players in terms of attack this season.

I love you lot decrying our own players.

Hendrick is class and Ramblur I'm surprised at you. Read what McClaren said he said he was tremendous against Bolton.

Scholes is best ever but he played for Man U .

Jeff plays for DCFC championship team and as I say he reminds me of Scholes type player.

Alpha you are a know it all lol it surprises me you are not our manager lol

Archived