Hughes in frame for Reading but Hendrick was tremendous against Bolton he's nearest thing to Paul Scholes for me in the Championship.

Curtains

I love you lot decrying our own players.

Hendrick is class and Ramblur I'm surprised at you. Read what McClaren said he said he was tremendous against Bolton.

Scholes is best ever but he played for Man U .

Jeff plays for DCFC championship team and as I say he reminds me of Scholes type player.

Alpha you are a know it all lol it surprises me you are not our manager lol

Didn't realise that "Jeff was tremendous" translated to "Jeff was like Scholes". Have you captured an 'Enigma' machine?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realise that "Jeff was tremendous" translated to "Jeff was like Scholes". Have you captured an 'Enigma' machine?

Thats in Bletchley Park is it not.

IMO that Hendrick is the nearest Championship player to a Scholes type .

But Scholes at his prime was World Class .

DCFC could only dream of having a player of the ability Scholes and I'm just comparing certain aspects of his game but obviously Jeff will never be as good as Scholes neither will any other player be anywhere near as good as him in that role.

DCFC couldn't even have afforded to lace Scholes boots LOL.

We are what we are a very good Championship outfit trying to achieve promotion to the Premier League .

PS Have you got a crystal ball do you know how good Hendrick can become .

Oh hang on I'm dreaming again.

I should imagine Scholes would be primarily remembered as a player with a very sharp,creative football brain in and around the box and a prolific (for a midfielder) goalscorer,often including the spectacular.Imo he never learned to tackle properly,often I think due to poor timing, which made some of his tackles look nasty (when I don't think there was malicious intent).

I'd love to know which of these attributes remind you of Jeff.

Any talented player could become exceptional with the right attitude,heart,self belief and willingness to learn.You don't need a crystal ball for that assessment.

If you'd said that,with an awful lot of hard work,Jeff could be in the mould of Keane/Vieira/Robson,then I'd have agreed with you.

I should imagine Scholes would be primarily remembered as a player with a very sharp,creative football brain in and around the box and a prolific (for a midfielder) goalscorer,often including the spectacular.Imo he never learned to tackle properly,often I think due to poor timing, which made some of his tackles look nasty (when I don't think there was malicious intent).

I'd love to know which of these attributes remind you of Jeff.

Any talented player could become exceptional with the right attitude,heart,self belief and willingness to learn.You don't need a crystal ball for that assessment.

Its the way Jeff brings the ball down and shields it from the opposition. He also often let's the ball pass him on one side or the other to wrong foot opponents and then moves the ball on left and right that's where I compare him to Scholes.

Jeff actually doesn't dive in like Scholes on tackles but of course Scholes spent all his career in the Premier League.

Scholes was a prolific goal scorer from midfield for Man U and England so in that respect Jeff is nowhere near that level at the moment but still could model his game on him. ie get in the right areas to score goals .

But Hendrick is learning and I'd rather look at all the good things he does which have some similarities to Scholes.

There will never be another Paul Scholes.

I'm not obsessed with one player I'm just defending him against all his detractors and I'm not saying your one if them for one minute .

At the end of the day the manager will decide I'm just expressing my opinion it may be right it might be wrong.

I also like Hughes and Bryson and was advocating a holding midfield player a long long time before Nigel signed Eustace and got decried for it on here.

But Alpha you obviously have great football knowledge because don't forget I read your educated posts and I'm not joking on that point I do think you post good interesting stuff.

You know what it's like on here lol it depends on what others post as to people's moods but whatever it would be pretty boring without a few conflicting views wouldn't it we can't agree all the time lol.

End of the day we want the same thing a successful DCFC

I agree mate. I must be one of the worst people for mood swings. Gets on my own nerves!!

Like I said fella, I don't have like personal scores with anyone. We're all on the same side.

Hendrick annoys me because he's a good player that stands still. I think 'c'mon! You're 6ft? Broad shoulders and can pass and shoot well enough to be in the PL. It's just the concentration part of his game. Such a frustration!

I agree mate. I must be one of the worst people for mood swings. Gets on my own nerves!!

Like I said fella, I don't have like personal scores with anyone. We're all on the same side.

Hendrick annoys me because he's a good player that stands still. I think 'c'mon! You're 6ft? Broad shoulders and can pass and shoot well enough to be in the PL. It's just the concentration part of his game. Such a frustration!

If we can see it, Mac and his team can see it (i hope) but the mental side must be the hardest to coach, if he ever gets back to his best he's one we need for next season for sure. no matter where we are :unsure:

You don't even need to compare one player to another, they're all individuals with their own strengths and weaknesses. There's an obsession in general in the UK with comparisons to other people rather than a focus on individuality - everybody hase to be a version of somebody else.

But then I'm a bit drunk.

Keeping having digs Ed, I'm sure someone will bite and you'll get to be self-righteous about how loyal you and the Memsahib are.

Maybe I'm the bite?!

Don't bring my wife into it. She has her own opinions and they do not necessarily reflect my own. At least she goes to matches (when I give her pocket-money)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived