Hughes in frame for Reading but Hendrick was tremendous against Bolton he's nearest thing to Paul Scholes for me in the Championship.

Curtains

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't remind me of Scholes tbh mate. Scholes in his prime was all about late arrivals in and around the box. He was an anchor wherever he picked the ball up. Deep or advanced he brought others into play. I'd probably compare Bryson more. But neither will ever be that good. Scholes was one of the best in the world.

It's all about opinions but if I was to compare Hendrick to a world class player I'd say shweinsteiger. A support player. Back things up. Obviously that sounds disrespectful but Shweinsteiger is a great player and his availability for the ball and his passing range make him such a central figure to his teams who are great teams.

Hendrick has a tendency to be static. The only weak part of his game really. But it's vital to the rest of him. He ball watches. Hughes never vanishes. He retains the ball in very difficult situations and quite often drives the play forward or drain the tempo as needed. Can't replace that.

Bryson v Hendrick imo. One will give you more in attack than the other. One will give you more physically. If he has a good game he can bully the midfield battle and keep things tidy.

Hughes is the only pace setter

Alpha explain this to me was Hughes palpable for Burnleys 2nd goal. ie he played the scorer onside or not.

Was Hendrick static when he scored the wrongly disallowed goal at Burnley. Was he static against Burnleywhen we had 10men. Was he static against Bolton. !

Alpha explain this to me was Hughes palpable for Burnleys 2nd goal. ie he played the scorer onside or not.

Was Hendrick static when he scored the wrongly disallowed goal at Burnley. Was he static against Burnleywhen we had 10men. Was he static against Bolton. !

Jeff Hendrick is a good player when fit and in form ,currently he is neither ,Last time he was injured he took a while to get back up to speed and thats the case now .Against Bolton he was chasing shadows for decent periods of the game ,sorry but for me you cannot swap him for Eustace.

Jeff Hendrick is a good player when fit and in form ,currently he is neither ,Last time he was injured he took a while to get back up to speed and thats the case now .Against Bolton he was chasing shadows for decent periods of the game ,sorry but for me you cannot swap him for Eustace.

i remember fans saying whys Cloughie signed Eustace. How they change.

I think you meant culpable, but no. They had a shot which was blocked by one of our defenders and the ball then bounced into Wisdom, which sent it back to the goal. The goal wouldn't have been offside even if Hughes was stood on their goalline

Why on earth do you insist on using things that happen in one match to prove a point about anything more than that one game?

You're surely not blaming Hughes for not pushing out for Burnley's second goal curtains? Absolutely ridiculous if so, especially since he wasn't the only one playing Marney onside anyway. Even if he was, blaming the man on the post who is doing his job in that situation really is quite astounding.

edit: To be fair Coconut he'd have been offside if he was offside when the initial shot was struck, but the man marking him (Sammon I believe :ph34r: ) was also playing him onside at that point.

All the commentators on the stream were saying basic error by Hughes and yes the goal would of been offside.

Training ground set piece by Burnley.

Hughes stayed in for sure he's not immune from criticism is he for goodness sake everybody chooses to mask any of his mistakes.

edit: To be fair Coconut he'd have been offside if he was offside when the initial shot was struck, but the man marking him (Sammon I believe :ph34r: ) was also playing him onside at that point.

No he wouldn't. If the ball hits one of our players and goes away from goal, which it did, then none of their players can be offside - it's been cancelled out.

No he wouldn't. If the ball hits one of our players and goes away from goal, which it did, then none of their players can be offside - it's been cancelled out.

I suggest you look at it again if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Marney would of been offside but who cares it's history now but trust me Hughes does make bad decisions as all players do he still has loads to learn .

Never heard that rule before but fair enough then.

Either way it certainly is not a basic error, I actually don't think he'd even have been able to push out and play him offside in time for the shot coming in and I still maintain Marney is played on by at least one other player anyway so it's all fairly irrelevant.

If you want to blame someone though, try Wisdom for giving Ings 5 yards of space when he's supposed to be marking him, but even that would be harsh as he is well blocked off as the ball comes across.

Never heard that rule before but fair enough then.

Either way it certainly is not a basic error, I actually don't think he'd even have been able to push out and play him offside in time for the shot coming in and I still maintain Marney is played on by at least one other player anyway so it's all fairly irrelevant.

If you want to blame someone though, try Wisdom for giving Ings 5 yards of space when he's supposed to be marking him, but even that would be harsh as he is well blocked off as the ball comes across.

I'm not really blaming the lads they are doing their best and I'm sure they watch the videos as Simmo certainly does.

Football Management is difficult and for that matter so is playing in the Championship as there is no time and space.

Cutting out errors is crucial and Buxton has cut out most of his and he's looking very very good .

I can think of tens of dozens of games where Hendrick has been static. Hughes can be at fault for goals. He's allowed to be. Considering he's the guy who controls the pace of our play, passes out of tight situations and gives players the ball they want, when they want it 8/10. He is a the central figure of our team. Not much misses him out because he makes himself available and never panics. His composure and quick thinking as oppose to just passing the ball like its on fire have moved us on from the team that never dominated possession as Bryson and Hendrick chased shadows.

He's allowed mistakes. He's still fine tuning his game.

Hendrick too.

At first I was making excuses up for Buxton. Now it's Hughes. But you focus on Hendrick like he's a relative. Don't deflect it to me mate.

I've seen Hendrick play. He's technically decent. He's physically pretty good. He lets players run off him. He doesn't get forward enough (not based on 2 games).

I've not got it in for him. You just love the guy. He's not better than Hughes mate. Sorry.

Bryson is a strong candidate for PotY. I don't understand why you're so focused on one player?

I can think of tens of dozens of games where Hendrick has been static. Hughes can be at fault for goals. He's allowed to be. Considering he's the guy who controls the pace of our play, passes out of tight situations and gives players the ball they want, when they want it 8/10. He is a the central figure of our team. Not much misses him out because he makes himself available and never panics. His composure and quick thinking as oppose to just passing the ball like its on fire have moved us on from the team that never dominated possession as Bryson and Hendrick chased shadows.

He's allowed mistakes. He's still fine tuning his game.

Hendrick too.

At first I was making excuses up for Buxton. Now it's Hughes. But you focus on Hendrick like he's a relative. Don't deflect it to me mate.

I've seen Hendrick play. He's technically decent. He's physically pretty good. He lets players run off him. He doesn't get forward enough (not based on 2 games).

I've not got it in for him. You just love the guy. He's not better than Hughes mate. Sorry.

Bryson is a strong candidate for PotY. I don't understand why you're so focused on one player?

I'm not obsessed with one player I'm just defending him against all his detractors and I'm not saying your one if them for one minute .

At the end of the day the manager will decide I'm just expressing my opinion it may be right it might be wrong.

I also like Hughes and Bryson and was advocating a holding midfield player a long long time before Nigel signed Eustace and got decried for it on here.

But Alpha you obviously have great football knowledge because don't forget I read your educated posts and I'm not joking on that point I do think you post good interesting stuff.

You know what it's like on here lol it depends on what others post as to people's moods but whatever it would be pretty boring without a few conflicting views wouldn't it we can't agree all the time lol.

End of the day we want the same thing a successful DCFC

Archived