Reading v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

for me that is a good point

It is,especially given our record against Reading. But bloody hell , the other teams in the top 8 arent making it easy are they? Only Forest and Reading dropped any points.

I'm pretty happy with a point there, but no goals in 4 is unreal, did the Burnley result really knock us that much?

Ward looks like he's hungry for it again, definitely our creative spark today along with Dawkins when he was on. Feels like we're playing fluidly again and hopefully just need a goal. Didn't like how Bamford was brought on before Russell (who only got 2 minutes to make an impact?!), who stretches a defence a lot more than Bamford does. We also got extremely lucky, they missed 2 sitters and had a goal disallowed. Had two goal mouth scrambles where someone just needed to poke it in, never happened, shows how it's going for us atm.

We better be saving our goals for Forest...

We got lucky. Le Fondre missed a chance that my aunt would have scored from.

Both teams missed sitters...

That should have been a 3-3 draw.

They alos missed a free header and a volley which flew over the bar. Whereas we easily could have scored through Dawkins who had an empty net yet didn't shoot, Bamford who was clean through on goal and from a corner where I think Martin failed to make any contact from three yards out.

A draw stops Reading, and Forest drew so not all bad.

Wigan, Brighton and QPR making moves.

We need goals. We don't have any goals in us at the moment and our poor quality upfront is telling. Dawkins is quality when he gets up to the final 3rd then he's a League 2 player at best.

Grant 7 - Made a few good saves but was lucky Reading forwards can't finish

Wisdom 9 - Back to his old self attacking down the right, created some great chances which we should have scored from

Keogh 7 - Did well when called upon

Bucko 8 - Won nearly every header he went up for

Forsyth 6 - Most of Reading's chances came down our left, he was good going forward though

Eustace 7 - Made some key tackles but looked knackered after 60 mins

Bryson 7 - Played well as he usually does

Hughes 7 - While he was on the pitch he was key in every attack, reckon we might have nicked a win if he didn't get injured

Ward 9 MOTM - Played amazing and the only thing that let him down was his set pieces

Dawkins 8 - Played really well but should have scored ... just doesn't seem to want to shoot

Martin 6 - Played well in the first half but barely noticed him in the 2nd, kept giving it away

Subs

Hendrick 7 - Was a bit nervy when he first came on and gave the ball away but played well 2nd half

Bamford 5 - Didn't look interested and missed probably our best chance

Russell - don't think he touched the ball

Good result, keeps us 7 points clear of 7th (Reading) but we should have been 2 or 3 up after the first half. Looked tired in the 2nd half and were lucky their forwards couldn't finish either

I'm taking more from the performance than the result here. When I looked at our last 13 games, the one that stood out as being the most difficult was Reading away and we played them off the park by all accounts. Granted they could have scored but our chances came a lot earlier and had we put one in more would have followed (imo). Great performance back to creating loads of chances. 

The next time we score I feel it'll open the flood gates and I do hope its against them on Saturday! 

Ward sounded brilliant today.

Sammon missed a late chance against Bolton and got crucified...without seeing it Bamford's sounded a lot easier - will he get absolutely slammed for it or is criticism based on the player not the chance?

Archived