Mason Bennett

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bamford picked up an injury last night so presumably he's out, and Ward's only just resumed training, not sure about Dawkins but it's a sensible move for Saturday's game and then with two games in three days the following week. At this stage of the season you need everyone you can to be available.

not heard he got injured?

not heard he got injured?

He picked up a knock in the Blackpool game. Mac was happy to have Bennett out on loan when Ward and Dawkins were injured because Russell and Bamford were fit. 

Bennett's loan was due to end after Saturday so we have bought him back a week early, which means it must be for a particular reason, which in turn implies there is a threat to either Bamford or Russell for Saturday's game. And seeing as Bamford took a whack on Tuesday, it is likely to be him.

Elementary, my dear TopRam.

(And quite possibly wrong)

Bamford got clobbered a couple of times on Tuesday against Blackpool.

i doubt we'll miss bamfords overral gameplay, not saying hes bad, but he isnt brilliant, all he really has is pace and goals, which is nice, but he doesnt have the basics for me, similiar to ol' theo robinson, personally i think this is a great chance for bennet as he may be featuring on saturday against huddersfield, if bennett does appear performs all round, well, we know mac is loyal after thorne coming in for eustace and this is probably a great opportunity for him to break into the first team side

Also, now the play offs are all but secure, we ought to be blooding our own youngsters rather than developing other peoples. I'm all for the loan system if the loans can improve our team, if it heightens our reputation as a place where big clubs are happy to send their talented youngsters for development.

But now we're (just about) over the finish line, we can surely afford to bench some of the loan players and give our own players some much needed experience.

i doubt we'll miss bamfords overral gameplay, not saying hes bad, but he isnt brilliant, all he really has is pace and goals, which is nice, but he doesnt have the basics for me, similiar to ol' theo robinson, personally i think this is a great chance for bennet as he may be featuring on saturday against huddersfield, if bennett does appear performs all round, well, we know mac is loyal after thorne coming in for eustace and this is probably a great opportunity for him to break into the first team side

:huh:

Also, now the play offs are all but secure, we ought to be blooding our own youngsters rather than developing other peoples. I'm all for the loan system if the loans can improve our team, if it heightens our reputation as a place where big clubs are happy to send their talented youngsters for development.

But now we're (just about) over the finish line, we can surely afford to bench some of the loan players and give our own players some much needed experience.

That is utterly and completely the worst possible thing you could do at this stage of the season.

So you'd ditch the players that got us to to the play offs, risk us finishing sixth and having a tougher play off semi by playing inferior players just because they are "ours", ruin the excellent team spirit that's been built up, wreck the momentum that would help us going into the playoffs on a positive note.

Get to the play-offs, and then what? Lose by playing inferior players just because they are "ours", or bring back the loanees who have had a month out and are nice and rusty and demotivated? 

That is utterly and completely the worst possible thing you could do at this stage of the season.

So you'd ditch the players that got us to to the play offs, risk us finishing sixth and having a tougher play off semi by playing inferior players just because they are "ours", ruin the excellent team spirit that's been built up, wreck the momentum that would help us going into the playoffs on a positive note.

Get to the play-offs, and then what? Lose by playing inferior players just because they are "ours", or bring back the loanees who have had a month out and are nice and rusty and demotivated?

Of course that's not what I meant. Your not suddenly going to make 3 or 4 changes. But this is a Mason Bennett thread, and I think it would certainly be worth giving Bennett a shot when you might otherwise have picked Bamford.

Making that decision would not, on it's own, end us up in 6th. Bennett offers something slightly different to Bamford, but it's something worthwhile. He's maybe not quite as good, (although Bamford is far from perfect), but he's not so bad that he'll loose us a game single handedly. Now would be a great opportunity to give him at least half an hour here and there.

Archived