Mason Bennett

North_Stand_Ram

You might not be surprised to know that I think it's a poor move from us.

I think Mason offers something NONE of other strikers do. He's got raw pace and agression and he scares the crap out of defenders.

I hope he gets goals, I hope it was him who wanted to get out and play and not us pushing him and I hope he's gone to the club HE wanted to and not one that was chosen for him.

Bloody hell, at a time where we've stopped scoring goals we bring in someone elses kid to give him games  and we send ours out on loan.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mason offers something NONE of other strikers do. He's got raw pace and agression and he scares the crap out of defenders.

I hope he gets goals, I hope it was him who wanted to get out and play and not us pushing him and I hope he's gone to the club HE wanted to and not one that was chosen for him.

Bloody hell, at a time where we've stopped scoring goals we bring in someone elses kid to give him games  and we send ours out on loan.

good move by the club for me. Needs to get his confidence back after nasty head injury in U18s. Hope he does well for the Spirites loks short of confidence to me when he played for U21-s against Cloughies Sheff U.

looks like the academy training and being part of the first team squad is being phased out

and we are grooming big club hopeful academy players

of course we are told its for the best

a its cheaper than making a quality signing oh well jan comes and jan goes

looking forward to these quality signings

next year lets have the new regimes players and move forward

i do hope the young talent have a chance

looks like the academy training and being part of the first team squad is being phased out

and we are grooming big club hopeful academy players

of course we are told its for the best

a its cheaper than making a quality signing oh well jan comes and jan goes

looking forward to these quality signings

next year lets have the new regimes players and move forward

i do hope the young talent have a chance

He's 17 for goodness sake.

Do you expect him to be holding down a first-team place in what has been one of the most potent attacks in the division at the moment - or do you expect him to be just given 'time on the pitch' for the experience? Perhaps Chesterfield fans will think the same as you - "We should be playing our own kids instead of those of the bigger club down the road".

If and when he proves to be good enough, then he'll get a game. He's not going to force Ward, Russell, Dawkins or Martin to stand aside just yet.

Mason tweeted summat about not wanting anyone to speak to him and being so angry yesterday evening, it was removed soon after.

Owt to do with his loan or just the tantrums of a normal teenager?

Curtains told him he was the closest thing to Derek Hales in the Championship :D

For those interested he came on for about 15 minutes yesterday. Had a few promising touches and looked to be very direct which is something we lack generally. He was stuck out wide left but I would expect him to start at least one of the next two down the middle.

For those interested he came on for about 15 minutes yesterday. Had a few promising touches and looked to be very direct which is something we lack generally. He was stuck out wide left but I would expect him to start at least one of the next two down the middle.

Cheers fella. Keep us updated?

McClaren said a few months ago that he sees more personal benefit in the loan system than the reserve/u21 system.

That's what he said anyway

He also said on the Rams tube thingy, that he sees Mason as being a 'big player for us next season', which doesn't sound negative at all, more that he wants him to develop and push for a first team place, PL or Championship

Disagree completely. 

We are sending him out so he can get some much needed experience away from the pressure of the race for the top 6 in the Champ. I don't think the race for a play-off spot would have been a good time or place to give him more first team games and I think Mac thought this too. 

Mac has stated that he wanted Mason to stay at the club until the youth team were out of the cup, which they now are. So he has looked to get him some game time at a lower level to build him up for next season as Mac has already come out and stated that he hopes Mason will play a big role in the first team squad next season. 

He's gone to a good honest local club, so he's close to home/we can keep an eye on him, who are doing very well and look odds on to go up this season. It would be a great experience for Mason to be involved in that. 

Mac and Clough are also in broad agreement regarding Mason's future. Both saw him as having a good future and have regularly had him in and around the team. So no probs there. Their approach is now different, with Mac sending Mason out to get some much needed experience as opposed to Clough who wanted to keep him at the club giving him a taste of the first team every now and then. 

There's nothing to say that Clough would not have decided to send him out either, at this moment in time. 

Also regarding Mason being forced to go. I doubt it. I know some players say anything to look good when they go to a new club but if he was forced I think his comments would have been a lot more low key than the ones below. 

"I pounced on the opportunity when my agent asked me if I wanted to join Chesterfield, saying 'yes' straight away.

"I'm buzzing because I want to get in front of a crowd again and show what I can do. I've been in and out of the team this season and I need to start playing regularly."

• 3 weeks later...

Bamford picked up an injury last night so presumably he's out, and Ward's only just resumed training, not sure about Dawkins but it's a sensible move for Saturday's game and then with two games in three days the following week. At this stage of the season you need everyone you can to be available.

Archived