NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cisse said:

Jonathan Drouin. Where will he end up. What kind of deals would you folks do for him ?

I'd like to see him in NY. Problem is I don't think we really have the pieces for him, and I'm not really willing to give up yet another first.

I'd dangle Kreider quite happily; problem is we've already got a lot of small, creative wingers (Zucc, J.T. Miller, Buchnevich in the pipeline) and ideally I'd like us to get bigger. Drouin is short and pretty light.

Do you think Derek Stepan would be enough, provided we take a cap dump back? Gives TBL a bit of certainty at centerman with Stamkos looking more and more likely to leave, we get someone with potential to be a "franchise player". It would be a somewhat odd trade for the Rangers but honestly we're going nowhere at the moment, weighed down by a couple of bad contracts (thanks Sather) and some pretty questionable coaching by Alain Vigneault.

Rangers have been trying to buy a winning team for decades instead of trying to build one. I'd like to see them land Drouin and building on that. Sign Ladd for next season and put him with Drouin and Zuccarello and see what happens ? :p

Next draft won't be exceptional after the top five so trading 1st roud for Drouin wouldn't be so stupid necesserarily.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Toronto finally got rid of Dion Phaneuf. Now they have the money for Stamkos.

And Ottawa got rid of Cowen, Greening and to a lesser extent Michalek's wasted contracts. Leafs will probably buy out Cowen and Greening so yes cap space for Stamkos push, but Leafs are a few years away from competing and does Stamkos want to go there now? Phaneuf could do well as a 2nd pairing stay at home guy in Ottawa so I think a good trade for both teams.

Phaneuf is too much of a head case and could do harm for team harmony. I would like to see him reach his potential for a change. I think Senators shouldn't have include such a good draft pick though.

Leafs offense does look promisng if Stamkos goes there having Nylander, Kapanen and Marner coming in soon.

I'd be surprised if Toronto doesn't land Stamkos, their fans are absolutely obsessed with the idea, they've got the cap space and it's his home town. Additionally, the cap is pretty constrictive; there aren't many teams with the space to sign him when he'll probably get $11m per. 

NYR playing much better lately. J.T. Miller has delivered big time and looks like a full-time top six guy. We have a few promising young guys (Miller, Lindberg, McIlrath, Hayes, Skjei, Buchnevich) but no future stars imo.

Be a lot of pressure on Stamkos to be the saviour of the Leafs. Doug Gilmour was probably the last "local boy" (he was from Kingston) to try and get them to the promised land. He certainly seems a bit mis-used in Tampa but easy to be a star down there where no-one pays attention to hockey but different in the goldfish bowl that is Toronto.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Well Staal dealt today to the Rangers for two picks and a prospect.He has been the face of the franchise for awhile,good leader,etc.Not too shocked to see him go but am saddened by it.

Anyway good luck Eric.Canes faithful will miss you.

I noticed you got Aleksi Saarela with a couple of draft picks. Saarela has improved this season a lot. He always had the talent but now he has become smarter with his game. His defensive game has taken a big step forward. You might get a decent player out of him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29.2.2016 at 04:07, AmericanRam said:

Well Staal dealt today to the Rangers for two picks and a prospect.He has been the face of the franchise for awhile,good leader,etc.Not too shocked to see him go but am saddened by it.

Anyway good luck Eric.Canes faithful will miss you.

Good news for you AR. I watched the Canes vs Sabres last night and watched the style of your hockey. You are bringing a kid named Sebastian Aho to next training camp. He is just 18 but he has a head of a veteran. He is so smart defensively that it is easy to compare him to defensive play of Jere Lehtinen. Or are you too young to seen him play ? Anyway the style of Canes hockey is so close to European style of puck control that he will fit it very well.

It might take him a season or two but when he gets used to NHL he will make the guys around him better. I'm not sure what he can produce offensively but I'd say 45-55 points per season is a reasonable guess.

• 1 month later...

Playoffs have had some good games.On to the second round.

TB plays NYI. Will take TB in 6 games.

WSH/PIT. Pens always seem to come up with something but think Caps will win this one in 7.

As for the Western Conference.

Blues in 6 over the Stars is my prediction in their series.

SJ plays the winner of the Anaheim/Nashville series and I think Ducks will beat the Preds and then beat SJ in 7 in what should be a great series.

I think Islanders will surprise Tampa and win in 6 games.

Caps will beat Pens in 5 because of Holtby.

Eventhough I don't trust Stars goaltending at all I believe they can handle Blues in 6.

I think Preds will beat Ducks and SJ after that in 7.

Archived