Fulham sack Meulensteen

Mostyn6

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised people are surprised by Fulham's plight.

When the average age of your first XI is like 33 then it will only be a season or two before they're all over the hill and past it.

Fulham's problem has been keeping the core of the team that made the Europa League final in 2010. They were all at their peaks around 27-30 years of age.

Now they're all 31-34 years old they're past it.

Jol should take the blame. Hodgson, Hughes and Jol are all to blame. None of them invested in younger players.

I'm not sure The Mule actually gives a ****

"They have hit the panic button on emotion and fear - but hey ho, that's football," Meulensteen told BBC Sport.

""I couldn't care less what they put in the statement, to be honest."

bit of honesty for once 

I'm not sure The Mule actually gives a ****

"They have hit the panic button on emotion and fear - but hey ho, that's football," Meulensteen told BBC Sport.

""I couldn't care less what they put in the statement, to be honest."

Spoken like a man with a huge lump sum payoff. Hasn't been there long so it will be a big one.

Another bizarre one is Spurs publicly and openly looking for people to replace Tim Sherwood in the summer. Treating the guy like **** even though he's doing a great job...?

Hope we avoid them. Never been to Craven Cottage and it's one ground I have no interest in going.

It's ugly

It's got a ***** atmosphere

The team that plays there are dull and always have been.

When Chris "decisions cost us" Coleman is a 'legend' then you've gotta be boring. All they have to do is sell less tickets and they can move to Lancashire to join the other boring clubs.

Hope we avoid them. Never been to Craven Cottage and it's one ground I have no interest in going.

It's ugly

When Chris "decisions cost us" Coleman is a 'legend' then you've gotta be boring. All they have to do is sell less tickets and they can move to Lancashire to join the other boring clubs.

Mark Lawrenson said that If he was to buy a PL season ticket he'd get it Fulham..

He mentioned as his reasons.

- Always happy

- Good football

- Nice stadium in nice area

- Good atmosphere

- Don't get on the players' backs

Funny bloke is that Lawrenson

It's ugly

Not so sure about the ugly part.

I must have visited 40 or so away grounds in my time and Craven Cottage was one of my favourites. It's in a nice part of London.......very leafy and quite posh. Many nice bars around the ground as well. 

They have a really good first eleven and should not really be where they are.

There's still time to save them and I think they will avoid the drop. That division is so tight. 3 wins and they're mid-table. 

Everybody was calling for Big Sam's head at West Ham only a couple of weeks back and they're sitting pretty in mid-table now.

It amuses me when fellow Rams fans call other teams on their atmospheres when ours has to be possible 'the' worst I have encountered. Even the other day when we scored against QPR it sounded like a morgue.

Archived