Time for a new celebrity Ram thread?

Carl Sagan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kieran Lee is his name though. In my brothers year at St Benedicts. Yeah, Derby fan.

His real name is Adam Diksa, you would have thought his real name was more appropriate than is stage name.

Wasn't there a girl on a the only way is Essex that is a derby fan? I'm sure she used to be on the old DET forum

His real name is Adam Diksa, you would have thought his real name was more appropriate than is stage name.

Wasn't there a girl on a the only way is Essex that is a derby fan? I'm sure she used to be on the old DET forum

Marie? Maria? Ran off with Lee Croft? Neither have been seen since

Kev Moore, bassist with Christie and lead vocalist and bassist with glam rockers BC Sweet and Danish metal band Witch Cross, is a Rams fanatic. Those of you who got out of the bar early a few years ago will have seen him sing on the pitch at Pride Park.

"http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a456/luckyeddie2/live_zps3c7cfb83" alt="live_zps3c7cfb83">

Top bloke is Kev too.

John Motson lives in Harpenden I think - he was a local celeb when I lived around there a few years back. His son is a Ram fan. The story is that he was looking for a team to support that wasn't one of the London sides, picked us by sticking a pin in the league tables and has been a fan ever since. Comes to matches too, or used to.

Didn't know Henry Winter was a fan. Always thought of him as a closet Manure fan. What's the Rams connection with him?

I was surprised when I came across it - now I can't remember how I heard. Will follow up! Motson's dad and son are Rams, but it skipped a generation with him, but he obviously has a softspot for us. He tells a story of being given a Rams-branded pencil case for his kid when covering a game and the rest is history.

Know for a fact that Davenport has a ST at Derby. Adlington, I believe comes very regularly.

Adlington's grandad Terry Adlington played in goal for the Rams.

I think Sheffield United's manager is a Derby fan... could be wrong though.

Also, when the OP but journalist fans, I will assume my name was misprinted :(:lol:

I would say Clough sernior always seemed more of a fan than his lad. While we all remember Nigel in Rams gear kicking a ball around, I think he was still young enough that his loyalties moved down the road when his Dad did. Personally, my sense is that the current coaching trio are more Derby through and through. Of course I could be wrong, mind.

Oh, and did I say Stephen Pickering (any relation to Lionel?) from the Here is the City website is runoured to be a Ram? Not sure I believe anything quite so far-fetched...

I hear John hartson is a secret rams fan :)

No, he just temporarily switched allegiances to Derby because of his unwavering support of Steve McClaren.

That star seems to be a big rams fan, saw him at Barnsley

He was directly behind me at Barnsley and yes, I was quite nervous and intimidated.

Poor Tosh, nice bloke, nice family. 

Tim Brooke Taylor was on celeb pointless the other week - when asked what questions he would want - he said, Derby County the 70's.  

Funny how some people have become Derby fans through their parents - like Niall who says his dad supported us in the seventies, and John Motsons son? correct me if I'm wrong - he's a Derby fan and obv our very own Troy? why did he become a Derby fan?

Ruddy hell, I've got Alan Hintons question mark virus...........

He's not yet a fully blown celebrity, but the story is that as he was bought up a goalkeeper (as his father was a GK), he idolised Peter Shilton and Shilts was a Derby player... 

He (the star) was directly behind me at Barnsley and yes, I was quite nervous and intimidated.

He's not yet a fully blown celebrity, but the story is that as he was bought up a goalkeeper (as his father was a GK), he idolised Peter Shilton and Shilts was a Derby player... 

It's fitting how those two quotes are now inexorably linked.

Archived